Thread: Mozaik Software Cabinet build

Mozaik Software Cabinet build

I’m getting ready to buy some software to design my cabinets for my next (last) house.Looked at lots of options. Like the pricing model from mozaik and Router Bob videos. I can get the design build option for 50/month for now, and when ready to actually cut (sometime in q1 next year) upgrade to the full package 125/month to get cnc output etc.Anybody here got any experience with this software. My post processor is mach 3.

For a one off I would look at Cabinet Parts Pro

Gee and I just purchased new kitchen cabinets. Jerome have you used this software?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Keith, if this is going to be, more or less, for a one-off situation, be sure you check the terms of the subscriptions relative to cancellation/upgrade/downgrade, etc. That said, Mozaik is pretty popular for cabinet production.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I just downloaded the Demo version and get a runtime error on Windows 7.

We've been using it for about 1-1/2 years. It's a pretty powerful program and takes time learn and set up for how you build cabinets and use your CNC. It's not a simple as adding the CNC portion and cutting your plywood the next day. I would not spend the time, effort or money for a one-off kitchen. You'd be better off collaborating with someone who has a KD package and can create your design. Alternatively, use whatever CNC program you have (V-carve, Rhino, Fusion, whatever) and manually create your cut files. Now, it you plan to do more than one kitchen, it's absolutely worth the investment.

If your talking Mozaik Im guessing its in conjunction with Sketchup? We run Sketchup Pro and use the Cabinetsense plugin. I dont know the details of the current pricing we just stay on the CNC version but it use to be that a non cnc output was less per month and you could upgrade/downgrade/suspend your subscription at any time.

As James says, building your libraries with regards to how you build is the hardest part but for a one off kitchen there wouldnt really need to be a library at least in Cabinet Sense. You could just create a single upper and singe lower and augment them as needed and output to the CNC. You are likely not going to be printing part labels and will know the job inside and out when you opt to run it so having individual cabs labeled specifically wouldnt be necessary.

We have been with CabinetSense since their early days. Pretty much 7 days a week, nearly any time, I will get a quick response on a question which is handy when your running a job late on a saturday or sunday. Not saying that will always happen but service has been over the moon for us.

I used the demo before and it ran fine for what I needed. only made a couple cabinets with it.

I plan on using it also in the future. I believe it is $125/mo but you have to do 3 months at a time. I'm ok with that because I plan on doing my kitchen, bathrooms and closets all during that 3 month period.

For a one off, there are other options you can use. While all this wonderful software looks very easy there is usually a lot of time to implement it to work. Your typical kitchen is going to be something between 15 - 30 sheets. One does not need much for fancy software for that. Mark and James run shops, so it is different for them.

It looks like Cabinet Parts Pro is no longer being supported, the website sure allows you to purchase but if you have issues your out of luck. The runtime error I had is pretty commonplace. However Cabinet Planner seems to be working ok for me, so I may purchase. Not like the $12000 software however. The designer answers emails ASAP. http://www.cabinetplanner.com/

One thing to consider with turning Mozaik 'on' and 'off' is I believe that you can't use the forum/help while its 'off' and you have to pay for upgrades that happen while it's 'off'. They also may charge a nominal fee to turn it back 'on' and require a minimum 'on' time of around 3 months. You may want to confirm their policy before going down this road.

I responded to this question on another site. So easy to do a one off kitchen in v carve or aspire.

I would agree that the vectors are no feat to setup and layer in vcarve manually but it sure is nice to drag 12-15 base cabs and matching uppers, do all your jiggity jogging, orbit around, combine multiples, look at several versions for a bit, and then just export the prelayerd vectors, nest, apply a toolpath template and go. I could never draw a single complex kitchen (all we do are odd) as fast as I can with cabinetsense. The monthly cost is such that if I do one kitchen a quarter it's making us money.

The biggest time savings is the nesting routines. If you breakdown your typical cabinets there a lot of common parts.