Thread: Leigh D-1258R-24

Leigh D-1258R-24

I just purchased a used Leigh D-1258R-24 Dovetail Jig. It will need some cleaning but looks to be in good shape otherwise. I realize there's an upgrade kit from Leigh but I don't know what was supposed to come with the jig originally and suspect some pieces or accessories are missing. All I have is the base and a moveable bar with adjustable fingers on it. What might be missing? Is this thing worth the $100 I paid for it?

I can't answer your question directly, but here https://www.leighjigs.com/support.php#rs11 you'll find both the user guide and parts list for the 1258R. Hope this helps.
    earl

Thanks Earl! The user guide for the 1258R no longer exists despite there being a link for it on the manufacturer's website. After a little more search Leigh apparently recommends using the D4 user guide instead. The parts list for the 1258R however does exist online and was helpful in determining what was originally included with the jig.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to call them. They have excellent customer service and tech support.

You'll need special Leigh bits...Agree, call them..Excellent customer service
    Jerry