Thread: Laser exhaust setup with outside deck box

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Laser exhaust setup with outside deck box

I thought I'd share some photos of the setup I ended up with for our Speedy 360. Many thanks to all those that have provided photos and details of their setups so I didn't have to start from square one!! The laser is in our garage, I decided to exhaust out a window rather than a permanent wall cutting, so we used a thick piece of acrylic that we had laying around here, took the screen out of the window, and I just open the window and put the acrylic sheet in the window tracks, then hook the hose on the outside to the fan in the deck box.

Went with the 1hp Harbor Freight dust collection fan which works great, have the plug switched with a wireless remote so I can turn on and off easily. I have more of a dip in the exhaust tubing to reduce any water running back into the deck box if I'm using it in rainy weather and the power cord plugs are in the deck box too (they just needed to go through the hole before the exhaust tubing).

Guess you could say this hobby crafter is all !!!!

Thanks again to all that have shared their setups, experiences, and advice!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Barb

Retired and loving life learning new skills to make crafts for dog rescue group fundraising, etc. Crafting toys include 80W Trotec Speedy 360, 1st generation Carvewright, SC Midi-lathe, SwingMan, CraftRobo, Cameo3, AdobeCC . . .