Thread: Multiple laser venting

Multiple laser venting

Multiple laser venting

I have 3 lasers and would like to vent to one exhaust. Laser 1 machine has two blowers rated at 16/18 m3/mim max. I think this converts to 565 cfm each. The second laser is 565 CFM. The 3rd is 550 /2/h which converts to maybe 323 CFM.

Laser 1 has 2 – 6” exhaust ports, Laser 2 has 1 – 6” exhaust port, laser 3 has 1 – 6” exhaust port. I don't have a picture of Laser 2 exhaust.

Has anyone had a system that they hooked multiple lasers to one venting system? I’m thinking of venting to the roof.

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

So each unit has their own exhaust fan and you want to use just one common vent through the roof?

If that's the question, you can run one at a time with a automatic back draft damper in all the vents. But otherwise the more powerful one will block the flow of the others.... or even back draft into those not running.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Yes, I have. I would use smooth pipe, wye connectors, and blast gates at each station. Place the blower as close to the end of the run as possible. If one doesn't extract enough smoke in your various open/closed configurations, perhaps use the identical two in series to see if that works.

Red face 2 blowers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    So each unit has their own exhaust fan and you want to use just one common vent through the roof?

If that's the question, you can run one at a time with a automatic back draft damper in all the vents. But otherwise the more powerful one will block the flow of the others.... or even back draft into those not running.
    At times I run all three lasers. I was thinking of doing 2 of the HF Blowers (1550 CFM). Connecting 1 to Laser 1 with the two connections, the other to Laser 2 and 3 and having a air control valve on each of the two machines. From the outlets run two pipes up to the ceiling and through the roof. This would require 2 holes in the roof.

Any ideas on what type of vent to put on the roof to keep water out and have a good exhaust flow?

Always open to ideas
    Attached Images Attached Images

What about this idea?
    Have the current fans plumbed into an 8" pipe. On 1 end of the pipe it's completely open and on the other end you have a HF blower venting outside.

This way you always have flow in the 8" pipe and the current fans exhaust the fumes into the flow of the 8" pipe. The lasers won't effect each other and all the fumes should be managed.
    At least I think.........
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

Blog Entries
    In using your drawing, I'd just drop back to 4" pipe from the lasers to the fan if you are going to restrict at the fan inlet Cheaper and much easier to source good pipe. Other than that, it should work, if you must run through roof. Put a good cap over the roof vent. Std cap works.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Great, Thanks Guys