Thread: Planar

Planar

Looking for recommendations on a planar. My 10 y.o. 13" benchtop is giving up the fight. Any recommendations? I would even consider a 15" stand alone model such as a General Machinery model.
    Cary Wheeler
    Windsor Ontario Canada
    "Honest honey! That isn't a new tool you're looking at. That was my grandfathers. Yes, they had yellow Dewalt tools back in the 30's"

Any generic brand of 4 post will be fine. Unfortunately everything just went ip 25%. I have a Grizzly G0453Z and am happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    Any generic brand of 4 post will be fine. Unfortunately everything just went ip 25%. I have a Grizzly G0453Z and am happy with it.
    Actually, the only retail movement to be seen so far is Grizzly. Most of the other importers have stock at their dealers (and probably in their warehouses) so one still has time but may need to move quickly.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I had a conversation with a fellow at WoodCraft today. He told me that their suppliers have raised prices by 5%.

Cary is in Canada. We do not have this 25 % new tariff on stuff from China. Here we just get screwed with all our prices to begin with. i would suggest checking out King Canada or Craftex from BusyBee. Other good options would be any remaining General international stock or used. Good luck,Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kees View Post
    Cary is in Canada.
    I tend to notice a location if it is on the upper right. Cary has in his signature, which many people have turned off. I had no excuse as mine are on!
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

You are very close to Detroit?

Is Detroit Craigslist purchase doable?

I know nothing about Customs, etc stuff.

Re General - I know the old stuff was great, but the new stuff AFAIK is imported.

Sad.

Marc
    Last edited by Marc Jeske; 07-09-2018 at 12:37 PM.
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me