Thread: Stickley Furniture Plans Wanted

Stickley Furniture Plans Wanted

I am looking for plans for Stickley bedroom furniture. Any suggestions?

Stickley produced a magazine called The Craftsman from 1901 to 1916, and some of the "plans", sketches really, are presented in a book called Making Authentic Craftsman Furniture. I bought it on Amazon. 62 different projects are presented. I'm getting ready to start the table on page 100.
    table2.jpg
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Bob Lang has written two good books with measured drawings of Stickley furniture. Shop Drawings for Craftsman Furniture, and More Shop Drawings for Craftsman Furniture.

My books that I own -

Building Arts & Crafts Furniture

Mission Furniture: How to Make it

Mission Furniture You Can Build

Making Authentic Craftsman Furniture

Some of these books have newer versions as I got most of them from a used book store. They work for me but there are a few other out there that I will eventually buy.
    Marshall
    ---------------------------
    A Stickley fan boy.

You might want to look through this https://readwatchdo.com/category/sto...oductionplans/

Thanks for all the help. I just ordered 4 books from Amazon. What I would really like to find are drawings for the current line of furniture that Stickley is now producing, if possible.

I'd be surprised if they made plans for their current stuff available. That would make it even easier for Asian knock off companies to produce copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Sack View Post
    Thanks for all the help. I just ordered 4 books from Amazon. What I would really like to find are drawings for the current line of furniture that Stickley is now producing, if possible.
    Dont leave us hanging...which books did you order?
    Marshall
    A Stickley fan boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    Bob Lang has written two good books with measured drawings of Stickley furniture. Shop Drawings for Craftsman Furniture, and More Shop Drawings for Craftsman Furniture.
    I just ordered Bob's book Shop Drawings For Craftsman Furniture earlier today. Looking forward to reading it and putting some of the plans to work.

I also have Arts & Crafts Furniture: From Classic to Contemporary . Its a great picture book covering the subject and can be used for inspiration but you will have to figure out how to build on your own as there are no plans included.

Question: There is a Bob Lang that is a member of SMC. Is it that the author? Or just someone with the same name?
    Marshall
    A Stickley fan boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Harrison View Post
    ...uestion: There is a Bob Lang that is a member of SMC. Is it that the author? ..
    Yup, that Creeker is the author.

I was recently in the Strand in NYC and found two ancient books that compiled the original Stickley catalogs and plans and stuff from The Craftsman. I couldn't leave the building without those. I will get the publishing info when I get home and post it. It's more stuff in addition to what is in the books mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by William Chain View Post
    I was recently in the Strand in NYC and found two ancient books that compiled the original Stickley catalogs and plans and stuff from The Craftsman. I couldn't leave the building without those. I will get the publishing info when I get home and post it. It's more stuff in addition to what is in the books mentioned above.
    Great. Thank you.

Arts & Crafts books are like clamps; you can never have too many.
    Marshall
    A Stickley fan boy.

Here they are. First one is:
    Stickley Craftsman Furniture Catalogs, Unabridged Reprints of Two Mission Furniture Catalogs
    Dover, 1979.
    Second one is:
    Collected Works of Gustav Stickley, Turn of the Century Editions, 1981.

Ok, not ancient. But stuffed with original artwork, descriptions, pictures of joint construction, catalogs, etc. really nice stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Harrison View Post
    Great. Thank you.

Arts & Crafts books are like clamps; you can never have too many.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You can also find original issues of Craftsman magazine on eBay. Sometime you will find bound sets of multiple issues.
    Marshall
    A Stickley fan boy.

Kind of a resurrection for this thread, but you can also find The Craftsman Magazine on the University of Wisconsin site. They have digitized and posted them online. Link to the index:
    http://digicoll.library.wisc.edu/cgi...RTS.HOMEDESIGN

There are plans, fairly simple, in some of the middle issues. I think they start in the latter part of 1910.

I used several of the design ideas for the home plans in my house we built three years ago.