Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just did the unthinkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    110 and 115!! I do not miss that heat gentleman.
    I graduated from Ganesha High School, where I ran track and cross country. Hot days like that, always found us at MT. SAC running the switchbacks and buzzard's peak during cross country season, and the stadium seats during track season.
    Someday im going to leave this town. Ganesha is still there right by the Fairplex how long have you been gone. Do you ever crave In&out burger
    It’s 10:50am & 106 yesterday evening my turtle and the blue jays were begging for water.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 07-07-2018 at 2:05 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tagging
    Aj

Every place has its problems and I just sat through some of the most bizarre weather I’ve ever seen here. 1 mile east of the Claremont Colleges with 107 degrees and pouring rain so hard that the emergency overflows from the roof opened up meaning that the roofs were 3” deep in water! That hasn’t happened for 20-30 years. Yes, this is ugly but still better than the south east US on the best of years.
    So what are you going to do with 2/3 of the US being uninhabitable?

Take care, guys

High temperatures combined with low humidity can be veeery dangerous for human beings. Please take care.

All the best,

No Rick, you did the right thing, it will help Goodwill financially, it will help some woodworker and it helped you clean out your garage.

Hard to beat three wins in a row.................Rod.

A few years back a friend of mine put a sofa and two arm chairs, in good condition, on the sidewalk here in Los Angeles, with a FREE sign taped to each piece.

They sat there for a couple of days, nobody took them.

So he took off the FREE signs and replaced them with $5 per chair, and $10 for the sofa signs.

The whole set was gone when he woke up the next morning.

Now, that's funny............and so true.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I just ran across this old thread, and thought I would complete it, so here is 'The rest of the story'.

When I gave it to Goodwill, an employee and I had it off my truck, when the manager came out, and wanted me to take it back. I told her I would guarantee it would sell, and if not I would pick it up again. She reluctantly agreed, and I left it.

A couple days later I went back to check, and the manager apologised and told me it sold right away, and said she would accept more like it.

And that's the rest of the story.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Sorry to hear that some of you have not had good experiences with Habitat ReStores. I have volunteered at one for many years and would suggest that if you are considering a donation but are not sure if it will be accepted by the ReStore, call them and ask before you take it to the ReStore. I know that if the saw works we would take it here at the Marquette MI ReStore, however some other ReStores may have different priorities for donations.

Just for reference and to expand your trivia knowledge, it has never been 100F in Buffalo, NY. A hot Summer here is one that breaks 90F for more three or four days. Summer around the Great Lakes is bliss.

John

Here in modesto it has been around 110 for the last week. Home depot has free coolers of water in the front when it gets over 105? or so. They have signs posted by the pallets of water, coolers, tents that quote state law about water and shade must be provided at the job site.
    Bil lD

I'm in the same boat. I have a very nice 12" turret Rockwell RAS for sale on line and have only had one call. Last time I was at D.I. (the Utah version of Goodwill) there were THREE RAS in the tool section but they were all old beat to crap Sears/DeWalt (not the good CI models) saws for sale. I should go back and get the Sears saws for the rebate...

You guys that are giving away RAS’s might look into the Dewalt RAS forums. Lots of interest in those saws there and they would go to someone that has interest in them. And hopefully stay out of a scrapyard.

13. Around here (Tallahassee) they have bulk pickup every other week where they will take just about anything. I wouldn't want nice stuff to go to bulk pick up, but if you put stuff out a day ahead, anything nice gets scooped up before the bulk pickup truck comes. If one of the neighbors doesn't want it, someone with a truck will cruise the neighborhood and snag it. Nothing decent seems to ever be there by the time the bulk pick up guys arrive. Never any problem getting rid of anything if you just want it gone.