Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping Time from Amazon de for Dominos?

Thanks for the insight. I will keep checking for Amazon to restock.

I don't know about Germany but our Swedish subsidiary almost shuts down in July. They claim it is Swedish law that they have to take two weeks, minimum, at a time. It is reportedly hard to find a hotel in popular vacation spots all over Europe in the summer. Might affect order fulfillment timing.

On June 27 I bought the 8/10mm and 12/14mm XL domino sets, as well as the full 4/6/8/10mm assortment.

The first two sets were shipped on July 2 and arrived July 4th.

The 4/6/8/10mm assortment didn't ship until July 7 and I'm still waiting on it - looks like it is in the UK now.

I'm in Illinois.

I ordered a domino tenon kit on June 11 and received it June 21.

The good news is Amazon.de was back in stock for the 500 assortment, the bad news is I bought the last one, tried to get two but it said they only had one. Moral of the story is keep checking back often.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    The good news is Amazon.de was back in stock for the 500 assortment, the bad news is I bought the last one, tried to get two but it said they only had one. Moral of the story is keep checking back often.
    I was able to get one ordered yesterday.

Ordered 5/19
    Shipped 6/1
    Received 6/4

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Nagle View Post
    I was able to get one ordered yesterday.

Good!

I don't mind spending a few extra bucks buying in the US but the assortment was $141 cheaper (current exchange is about 1.2, when it gets closer to parity I tend to go nuts buying from Europe) and the shipping only takes a few extra days. A couple of other things that are good deals are the vac hoses and the Systainers themselves. Sortainers, for example, are really expensive but at the German prices, they become competitive with other storage systems, especially if you like the Systainer concept.

As an aside if anyone is interested in the "old" sleeved vac hose Beaver has them on closeout for 50% off https://festools-online.com/500276-f...7-22x3-5m.html Note it is a 27mm-22mm tapered hose, which is great for sanders due to being more flexible at the tool. For $125 you get a Sys 3, 3.5 meter hose, the cover and the larger 16awg plug-it cord.

As an edit Bob Marino has some Festool on clearance I bought a couple more 27mm hoses last night, they were 50% off. http://www.bobmarinosbesttools.com/c...-items/c/1396/

eBay has a site wide (almost) sale 15% off today, https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0711/65169.html, I needed another 55" "holy rail" so that took care of that.
    Last edited by Van Huskey; 07-11-2018 at 4:00 PM.

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by John Halsted View Post
    On June 27 I bought the 8/10mm and 12/14mm XL domino sets, as well as the full 4/6/8/10mm assortment.

The first two sets were shipped on July 2 and arrived July 4th.

The 4/6/8/10mm assortment didn't ship until July 7 and I'm still waiting on it - looks like it is in the UK now.

I'm in Illinois.
    Just following up, the 4/6/8/10mm assortment arrived on July 10th, so that one took a couple weeks to arrive after ordering.

Just to add to the shipping time data, I ordered on the 9th (at night) and received them this morning, so 8 days. I found it interesting mine shipped from Poland.

I ordered on the 9th and received the shipment on the 16th. Mine also came from Poland.