Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Time from Amazon de for Dominos?

Shipping Time from Amazon de for Dominos?

The thread about the Festool Domino a few days ago led me to order a Systainer of dominos from the German Amazon. Order placed 7/1 and so far no shipping date has been established. Can anyone who has done this tell me what a typical waiting period should be? I live in Michigan and don't expect 5-7 day delivery, but it would be nice to at least have a ballpark shipping date. I'm wondering if the trade/tariff political thing may have something to do with no scheduled shipping date? Van Huskey or anyone else who has done this , I'd greatly appreciate your input.

The two I’ve ordered each came within a week.

It can vary widely depending on which country they ultimately ship from and which shipper they end up using. I’ve had Festool stuff ship the next day and show up two days later on the west coast and I’ve also had a two week delay before an item even shipped.

Don’t worry, it will come.

Domino's delivers in 30 minutes in my neighborhood. LOL

I ordered the domino kit from amazon.de and the domino tool from Amazon.com on the same day. The kit came first (DHL overnight).

I have ordered several and they all came in about 10-14 days to Washing state.

Update: I got home from work and had an email stating my domino's had shipped. I'm fine with the wait to save the extra $$ on the domino's, just wish I had been kept in the loop a little better by Amazon de. All's well that end's well though.
    Thanks to Van Huskey for the money saving tip. Now I'm looking for more cost saving on consumables. Doesn't appear that Granat or Rubin are such great deals on de, but I'll keep looking.

It was probably the Fourth of July holiday. The shipping people probably took time off for the holiday.

That's a joke

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Can't really help on the Festool paper, I am an Abranet convert and prior to that I used Klingspor on my Festool sanders. cheaper and IMO just as good if not better.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Van, quick question with the abranet do they match the hole patterns on the festool sanders. I have 4 and all my paper is Festool, but would like another option. The guy I used to buy from (who did custom assortments) shut down his store shortly before he passed away.

Abranet is mesh - universal fit.
    -- Jim

Use the right tool for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Lisowski View Post
    Van, quick question with the abranet do they match the hole patterns on the festool sanders. I have 4 and all my paper is Festool, but would like another option. The guy I used to buy from (who did custom assortments) shut down his store shortly before he passed away.
    James covered it, it is a mesh or net therefore AbraNET. Klingspor sells 17 and 9 hole Festool pattern paper and Indasa has 9 hole pattern but not sure if they have 17 hole.

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Last year I successfully order the 8/10mmDomino Tenon Assortment. However, this week I've been trying to order the 4/5/6/8/10mm Domino Tenon Assortment and the better priced options do not appear to ship to a U.S. address. I know that my first order seemed to take some odd selection of links to finally get the order placed. Am I missing something this time around?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Nagle View Post
    Last year I successfully order the 8/10mmDomino Tenon Assortment. However, this week I've been trying to order the 4/5/6/8/10mm Domino Tenon Assortment and the better priced options do not appear to ship to a U.S. address. I know that my first order seemed to take some odd selection of links to finally get the order placed. Am I missing something this time around?
    First, are you a Prime member? Second, the sellers that offer the good discounts and ship to the US seem to come and go rather rapidly. Its normal and been that way for years that I have been buying Festool products outside of the country. You just have to keep an eye out for what you want and a seller willing to discount and ship to the US.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Nagle View Post
    Am I missing something this time around?
    About the only dealer that ships Festool to the US on Amazon.de is Amazon itself. Currently, Amazon is out of stock on the 500 assortments, they were not about 10 days ago, it comes in an out of stock constantly, when Amazon is out of stock it just shows the other dealers. UK Amazon also ships to the US and the 500 assortment is usually more (around $215) but they are OOS currently too. Just keep checking and Amazon.de will come back into stock, it usually never takes more than a couple of weeks.