Thread: Dovetail jig

Dovetail jig

I recently had a thread on here getting options about the dovetail wiz jig by peachtree woodworking or the Keller jig which looks just like the dovetail wiz..they also make a gafkin that looks like the other 2..I like the back in the best with the double stop blocks..but needless to say they are made in Australia and the shipping would just be too much for me....my question is..does anyone know where I can get the double stop blocks like gifton uses...thank you..

the Keller jig which looks just like the dovetail wiz..
    I think you may have it backwards. The Keller has been around a while.

I have used the Keller for a long time. I don't see the need for double stop blocks. I visually and by feel center the stock on either pins or tails and go for it. Usually I am doing a stack of graduated drawers and setting end stops takes time and isn't necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Gray View Post
    I think you may have it backwards. The Keller has been around a while.

I have used the Keller for a long time. I don't see the need for double stop blocks. I visually and by feel center the stock on either pins or tails and go for it. Usually I am doing a stack of graduated drawers and setting end stops takes time and isn't necessary.
    I also have the Keller and agree that you don't need stop blocks. That said, there was a post here several years ago where a member had attached a track to the bottom of the wood block you attach the Keller to and had but stop blocks in the track. I kept the information in my "archive" and have attached it here. Unfortunately, I don't remember who posted this, otherwise I would give credit where it is due.
    Attached Files Attached Files