Thread: Hammer A341 owners on the Creek

Hammer A341 owners on the Creek

Don't know if the 12" machine is any different from the 16, but I just got the 16" version of this machine. What does the owners of Euro tools do for dust collection fittings; preferably something that I can get from the big box stores. Or do I just need to bite the bullet and contact Felder.

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....-set-up)/page2

Mike, I own the A3-31, but I suspect the dc fittings are similar. If yes, you may be able to use a fernco fitting as I did.

I own an N4400 and just ordered the A3-31, both use the 120mm dust port. You can buy an adapter from Hammer (and other online sources) to go from 120mm to 4in, but my thoughts were why go smaller?! I have a 6in main in my shop which branches off with wyes down to 5in and from there I use 5in flex hose which I run to the 120mm port. I just had to enlarge the 120mm port from its 4.72in to 5in using some tape and then pipe clamp the 5in flex hose to it. Works perfect! Or you could buy something like this: LINK but I felt that was too long for my setup.

Also, here is another thread on this: LINK
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Hi, I use the Felder right angle fitting because it works best in my setup. It accepts a 5 inch hose.

You can also go to a plumbing store, they will have a Fernco rubber adapter catalogue, they will have anything you need.............Rod.

If it's the 120mm fitting, standard 4" black ABS pipe has an OD that fits PERFECTLY inside. Lowe's sells it in 2' sections. I have a ~4" piece of that screwed to a piece of flex hose - makes a very nice friction-fit quick disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Hi, I use the Felder right angle fitting because it works best in my setup. It accepts a 5 inch hose.

You can also go to a plumbing store, they will have a Fernco rubber adapter catalogue, they will have anything you need.............Rod.
    +1 for gorilla tape and hose clamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W Evans View Post
    +1 for gorilla tape and hose clamps.
    No doubt that's great however how do you make a right angle with gorilla tape?

Regards. Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    No doubt that's great however how do you make a right angle with gorilla tape?

Regards. Rod.
    Oops. Quoted the wrong post. I bet someone on YouTube has made pretty much anything you could name with tape, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W Evans View Post
    Oops. Quoted the wrong post. I bet someone on YouTube has made pretty much anything you could name with tape, however.
    HaHa, I bet you're correct.

As a Canadian when you mention tape, I think of Red Green. "If the women don't find you handsome, they should find you handy".............Regards, Rod.

I have the fittings from Felder on my Hammer machines. These limited the largest capacity connection to 5", however. At some stage I will rebuild the intakes to accept 6". There is no point in connecting 6" hose/pipe to a 5" intake as it will throttle it.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Cohen View Post
    I have the fittings from Felder on my Hammer machines. These limited the largest capacity connection to 5", however. At some stage I will rebuild the intakes to accept 6". There is no point in connecting 6" hose/pipe to a 5" intake as it will throttle it.

Regards from Perth

Derek
    It may depend a little on distance for the 5" fitting. As I recall from Bill Pentz' site one can reduce pipe/hose diameter a short distance - a few cm. - without significantly reducing flow. Longer distances or flex hose are a crippler.

Seems like everyone's dust collection system is a little different. I have a portable Oneida Dust Gorilla with a 5" hose and a 4" connection for use tool to tool.

For my new Minimax FS 30, I bought the Rockler Schedule 40 PVC to 4" Adapter (Item#56472) that someone recommended in a different thread on here. (Thank you fellow Creekers!) http://www.rockler.com/rockler-sched...4-hose-adapter

The Fernco end is a perfect fit on a 120mm outlet which I'm pretty sure the Hammer has as well.

I use 4” ABS couplers. The OD is a little bit of a tight but nice fit for 5 inch flex. The ID I turn the inside to 4 3/4 inch on one side. It takes me five minutes to make one and cost me $2.