Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RF vs DC excited lasers... engraving/spot size question

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    I've never advertised, never needed to. Could be G-graph feels they don't need to?
    If they are happy making what they make then maybe so. However, the big 3 have reaped in millions in sales, so I'm guessing that France doesn't care about the US Market that much.

I think about Gravograph the same as I do Xenetech (which we own). They are built like tanks. Built to last, no doubt.

Our Trotec is the same as your Gravograph. It just runs.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Had an opportunity to snag a gravograph at a gov auction last year but passed on it. It wasn't any more powerful than my Epilog and I'm pretty well committed to getting something a bit more powerful for my next laser. 30 watts seems pretty marginal for doing rubber stamps.

I was pretty happy with my Epilog at 45 watts. However, jumping to 80 and then 100+, even with DC tubes, has made many jobs much much faster and easier. I cut and engrave a lot of curved items (especially coconut shell) and the increased power makes the lack of exact focus much less of an issue. I cut my rubber stamps out a lot faster than my Epilog could.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Blog Entries
    Speed isn't everything though in Raster engraving....... Can that 30 or 40 watt RF mark with Cermark as fast or faster than my 80 watt? I run it at 165mm/s or 6.5 ips. Which even with the Chinese laser seems really slow..... but it sticks.....
    Just say'n....
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others