Thread: Bosch MR23EVS

Bosch MR23EVS

Has anyone used this router and have good or negative thoughts?

I have the Bosch GOF1600CE, which is the European version of the MR23EVS, and am very happy with it. My kit has the fixed and plunge base and came in the large L-Boxx. So far, it hasn't let me down and has worked great each time. The dust shroud works well and the illumination is great.

I also have the international version for that router, GOF1600CE. Great router for its power and ergonomics. The on-off switch is in the handle not in the body something very convenient for regular use but turns it impossible to use with commercial third part router lifts. Some thinks it is an inconvenience.

All the best,

I have two of these and they are great routers, I really like the switch on the handle on the plunge base. While I prefer my Festool routers aside from them this is my favorite router I have ever owned. They simply are a great handheld router with plenty of power and well thought out ergonomics.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

5. I'm limited on my router experience, but have that router. I've never found it lacking for edge profiling and I've use it for circle cutting. I like the location of the power switch on the handle and the ergonomics of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldo Cristo View Post
    I also have the international version for that router, GOF1600CE. Great router for its power and ergonomics. The on-off switch is in the handle not in the body something very convenient for regular use but turns it impossible to use with commercial third part router lifts. Some thinks it is an inconvenience.
    I've seen examples on YouTube of how to modify the base to provide remote power control. The switch in the handle is a low-voltage control for the motor, and the solutions appear simple to incorporate into a router lift.

Last edited by Mike Kreinhop; 07-02-2018 at 2:45 PM. Reason: Added video of modification.

I bought the kit last year to replace an aging (relatively ancient) Porter Cable 690 D-handle. In short, it's great! The switch is in the handle so I can have both hands firmly on the machine to turn it on just like my PC's. The depth adjustment I'm really please with, too. Instead of spinning the motor in the base, kind of hit and miss, there is an adjustment knob to simply fine tune the depth up or down. Simple and precise, the knob is clearly marked and moves the bit 1/16" per revolution (IIRC). It also has soft start so the router doesn't jerk on startup. I don't use this router in a table so the switch isn't a problem to me.

The plunge base I'm still getting used to. Even though I've been using routers for decades this is my first plunge base. The plunge action is very smooth. The depth stop seemed kind of hokey at first but I've not had problem with it staying in a set position and it is extremely easy to set. I suspect it could move if horsed so those who tend to beast their tools might not have the same results.

I bought Bosch's template guide kit at the same time. Much more user friendly than the PC I'm used to, it has a simple turn knob to remove the bushing when not needed and locks back in the exact same orientation, keeping the bushing centered around the bit, regardless of which bushing used. Again, very simple and precise.

Even though I tend to keep specific routers with specific setups those who don't have multiple routers I think will find the MR23 easy to setup, use and change functions as desired. I still have several D-handle PC routers. If/when they fail I fully expect to replace them with a MR23 Bosch. That said, I like the features on the Bosch so much more it tends to be the one I grab first so my remaining PC's could last yet another 10 yrs.