Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finding The Right Filter For A DC

+1 for Wynn though they're less than 20 miles from me. I have a spun bond filter on a "2 h.p." dust collector with Thien baffle. One nice thing about the spun bond filters is that they're washable at garden hose pressures. I've tapped and vacuumed and tapped and vacuumed and still when washed there's quite a bit more dust that comes out.

Hi Julie,

Another +1 for Wynn.

I *just* got my most recent and now have 4 of their filters.
    My Pentz cyclone has a pair of the https://wynnenv.com/products-page/ambient-filter-pricing/9l300nano/ filters, my smaller HF/Rikon/OniedaSDD (dedicated to the J/P) has a single 9L300 NANO and my ambient air filter sports the EXT version of the same filter (https://wynnenv.com/products-page/am.../9l300nanoext/).

While not inexpensive, I am VERY happy with them.

The customer service is superb too - I had questions on the right filter for the smaller cyclone and Dick Wynn emailed back within the hour.

Good luck with your project!

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Christensen View Post
    Had these guys bookmarked, I think because they are low cost.

https://damnfilters.com/collections/...ter-cartridges
    I sent these guys a message several days ago, giving them the info on my DC, but no reply. They do have some pretty good prices though.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

What about the guys in the link before? They respond?

If you lived close I'd help you out with some of my extras. I have 28 or so from the last job I had. They would toss them when the pulse-back system wouldn't clear them so I grabbed them. I found a place near where I lived that cleaned, inspected and tested them for about $40 each, so I had the whole bunch done. Told the company about the service and they eventually tried them and saved thousands each year. $40 for cleaned verses $200 new. They can be cleaned 3 or 4 times before they fail the inspection/test.

Thank you, Peter. I found a Torit replacement filter on Amazon for $50 less than Damn Filters. Nanofiber, MERV 15, 256 sq/ft media. That should do.

Thanks to all for helping out.

You're welcome. Sounds like the ones I have, just remember the direction the air that is meant to flow through and adapt accordingly.

I wouldn't buy a Damn filter from those people. Their language is too damn crude for my taste.

The filter won't arrive for another week. By that time I'll be done with most of the garage work for the current project.

I was thinking about cleaning and replacing the filter, the cost of cooling the garage and the time it would take from the current project to make the frame and fit it into the existing outside exhaust. I've been rotating garage work inside work to cool off. I can tolerate that through this project. I cancelled the order.