Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smock

Smock

Trying to find a CHEAP solution for a smock and found this shirt at sam's club. Habit Men's Long-Sleeve River Shirt for 16 dollars.

Thoughts

Mark, I purchased one of these smocks from Timberbits in New Zealand, total cost landed to my door was $19.93 USD. My club members liked it so much that they did a group buy of 25 smocks. Shipping time was right about two weeks. If you were to order one I would highly recommend going one size larger than you normally wear. Go with the green smocks, I was told by Timberbits that the blue smocks use an older and inferior zipper. There are pencil pockets on the sleeves, no chest or rear pockets.

I have a long sleeve smock that i wear during the winter. Instead of buying a short sleeve one for warm days I started wearing performance shirts. I think I’ll just do that year round going forward. No pockets but they are close to the body so nothing dangling and nothing sticks to them.... if you have one, give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by Damon McLaughlin View Post
    Mark, I purchased one of these smocks from Timberbits in New Zealand, total cost landed to my door was $19.93 USD. My club members liked it so much that they did a group buy of 25 smocks. Shipping time was right about two weeks. If you were to order one I would highly recommend going one size larger than you normally wear. Go with the green smocks, I was told by Timberbits that the blue smocks use an older and inferior zipper. There are pencil pockets on the sleeves, no chest or rear pockets.
    These were just a couple of dollars each, disposable but they last forever. The "fabric" will tear but we cut off the sleeves at the elbow. Keeps the chips away.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00664T014
    I have students who like to wear them but I don't use a smock myself, although I have one from the AAW.

JKJ

I have found from weed eating in an under armour type shirt, that weeds nor wood chips will stick to this type shirt. I think their made of polyester.

I got this shirt Habit Men's Long-Sleeve River Shirt for 16 dollars and give it two thumbs up. It does have buttons and pockets but so far I have not had any issues with them.

I wanted a short sleeved light weight smock but was unable to find one in the United kingdom After a lot of thought I decided to purchase a short sleeved lightweight cycling top off e bay

please see link below

https://www.bikesheduk.com/endura-hu...-sleeve-jersey

I chose the Endura brand as it appears to be a good quality garment and purchased one size larger for a more comfortable fit

The material is breathable and the top is a similar design to the Craft Supplies lightweight smock

The price I paid on e bay was $15 compared to and original new price of $60 and it should arrive in 3 days time
    Last edited by Brian Deakin; 07-03-2018 at 3:52 PM.

I use a chef's smock off of amazon. The front folds over itself and the neck can be buttoned up to the top to keep chips out. The sleeves get rolled or cut to short sleeve. One pocket for a pencil. The material if very sturdy and it is comfortable to wear. If you look up "Chef's Coat" in Amazon they have numerous styles to include polyester style ones that are slick for the chips to fall off.
    USMC '97-'01

I've been looking for a smock as well. Just found this one https://happychef.com/cookcool-zip-f...iews-Container
    But it's only available in a small.

I just ordered one. Looks like just what I was looking for, and at a great price!

Thanks Damon, just what I’ve been looking for and a great price.

I use a welder's smock as that was the cheapest thing I could find. That said, if you find the heavier denim type shirts in a thrift store for cheap, but a huge one and wear it backwards. Now that is cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nix View Post
    Thanks Damon, just what I’ve been looking for and a great price.
    Don't forget to order one size larger than you normally wear. Everyone in our club that ordered one seems to be pretty happy with them, I know I am. Let us know your thoughts when you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon McLaughlin View Post
    Don't forget to order one size larger than you normally wear. Everyone in our club that ordered one seems to be pretty happy with them, I know I am. Let us know your thoughts when you get it.
    I tried to post earlier Damon but it did not show up. After your post I ordered 2 of the green smocks and went one size up as you suggested. They should arrive this week as they have been in the U.S. for 2 days. Thanks again for the post, I never would have know they were available

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLES D Richards View Post
    I tried to post earlier Damon but it did not show up. After your post I ordered 2 of the green smocks and went one size up as you suggested. They should arrive this week as they have been in the U.S. for 2 days. Thanks again for the post, I never would have know they were available
    In retrospect I wish I had ordered two, for less than twenty bucks its a great smock. Hope it meets your expectations. My opinion is that its a nice smock but that is only one opinion. I'm sure others would like to get additional opinions so let us know if you like it when it arrives.