Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is on the grill this 4th of July?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    I'm thinking home made pizza

Pizza has always been on my short list but never fixed it. I purchased a pizza stone for the grill on clearance two or three years ago.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Blog Entries
    We are visiting my father-in-law, who is a vegetarian. I plan to introduce him to "alternative vegetables." (Red meat)

The locally caught swordfish has started to come in. Grilled to just barely cooked through with a touch of teriyaki it's perfect! One of my favorite seasonal vegetables.

About ready to build the first tempering fire in the new pizza oven, but pizza still lies a few weeks into the future.

Paella is what's happening at the Helm house. July 3 is my wife's birthday but we are partying for her on the 4th.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To hot to grill or make anything. When it got so awful hot when I was growing up, my father took everybody out for sundae's for dinner. Going to an old fashioned ice cream parlor for a sundae. Yep, that will be dinner.

6. It was going to be brats on the grill but my wife couldn't find the ones she wanted so we just switched over to pulled pork.
    I will get the Weber Smoky Mountain fired up in a little while and the pork butt should be ready sometime in the late morning tomorrow.

I usually put some ribs on the smoker, but I'm sick of the heat, so we're going to par-steam/boil some corn and potatoes, then chop them up and put them in foil packs with shrimp, Andouille sausage, butter, garlic and maybe some bacon.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore