Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T-handle hex keys - ball head or not?

If you have a lot of one size to handle, it's worth buying singles from Wiha. I don't know if the hex heads are the same as the TORX, but the T27, that fits almost all the fasteners on Stihl small equipment, has a shaft that you can feel twist when you reach the proper tightening torque.

I like these: https://www.wihatools.com/magicringr...inch-t-handles

If you get this type , you'll have the best of both worlds. Ball end for close quarters, and a squared off short end when you really need to apply some force.

https://www.kctoolco.com/wiha-33494-...-t-handle-set/

I like the T-handle hex keys for certain work but I really want a "pouch" to keep them in, not a stand that has to sit out (I store them in a drawer in my upright tool box). I have some cheap T-handles and they came in a pouch where the T-handle wrenches go in from each side. I put them in the pouch with the biggest ones are at the bottom and the smaller on top. Makes it fairly easy to find the right size.

I also like the T-handle hex tools that have the short hex key in the handle. Comes in handy in certain instances. I'd like to buy a better set that came in a pouch and had the keys in the handle, also. Does Bondhus make a set like that?

I also have 1/4" Craftsman sockets with hex keys in the sockets. Those are good for larger hex fasteners.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

T-handle hex wrenches work great but for me are a pain to store. Take up lots of room in a drawer. I have 2 sets but find I always end up using the multi-tool sets that have about 8 sizes in in a foldable hand unit. Easier to find, provide a T type handle, very compact. If I need more torque I use sockets with hex tips. I leave a multi-tip tool near each tool that occasionally needs hex wrenches.

Thanks every one for the great input. I ended up ordering a metric set of Kleins. The Bondhus looked like the best deal by far, but the Kleins have short non-ball heads in the T handles (2-in-1), which hopefully will come in handy when the ball head can't provide enough torque.
    Mark McFarlane