I lofted the station moulds for her about six years ago, but we moved to a place with less room to build a boat, so she went on hold. I have borrowed a place to build and am going to make all the bits and pieces in my shop, then assemble them in the borrowed space. This is going to be a slow project, so don't look for frequent updates.

She he is the John Welsford designed 6 Meter Whaler. She's double-ended and glued lap with sawn stringers and plywood ribs. She is just gorgeous. I am adding a small cabin, which I drew onto someone else's photo and it looks nice with a cabin. Sails are tanbark with an Egyptian cotton main with my Cross of Saint James trademark on the main.

This is going to be a very seaworthy boat. She has a 4' steel centerboard, which I will make from 5/8" 316 stainless and will foil myself. I love making foil shapes. The plan calls for 1/2" only rounded on the leading edge and tapered the last 3", but I got a slightly thicker piece so I can foil it end to end and keep the designed 80kg weight. image.jpgimage.jpg

This is an edited image of another person's boat to show my cabin design.
image.jpg