Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Importing Combination Machine from China as an Individual-- My Adventure (So Far)

a fresh router bit will scrape the wood away compared to a high speed steel cutter thats sharpe will make fluffy shavings leaving a finer finish than a new router bit can do

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Schrum View Post
    but I think my "rough slog" is over.
    Thats a good place to be. The slog I meant would simply be any issues that rear their head over time and the machine settles in and wears (which hopefully you have very few). Its no uncommon in this class of machine and I think far more machines than people realize (even at the higher end) require some TLC and are not as plug and play as many would like them to be. Circuitry, motors, and holding tolerance, can get sketchy. Hopefully you got a winner.

Thanks for posting this..I am thinking about doing this although I'm in Canada so our $$$ don't go as far. Do you have a contact person you can pass on? Also does it except a dato blade?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Cardinal View Post
    ....Do you have a contact person you can pass on? Also does it except a dato blade?
    Tim, I'll shoot you a message with the contact information I have. As far as a dado blade, it does not accept one. I've stared at it trying to think of a way to mount a dado, but short of making a new arbor for the blade to mount on, I don't see how I could make one work. I'd say the inability to mount a dado is the only significant shortcoming or complaint I have with the equipment. Else it's still working great and I'd purchase it all again in a heartbeat.

Edit: Tim, looks like they have locked out the ability to send private messages for non-paying members. If you send an email to my name (with no spaces, dashes, etc.) @gmail.com, I'll pass along the contact information I have. My apologies for the inconvenience!
    Last edited by Matt Schrum; 03-01-2019 at 2:33 PM.
    Licensed Professional Engineer,
    Unlicensed Semi Professional Tinkerer