Quote Originally Posted by Alex Zeller View Post
Can you give us an honest assessment on items on back order? Some people have been waiting for months with multiple dates given. The last date I was given was the first week of July. I know of others here who are also waiting. From what I understand a ship would have to be leaving China right about now to make a western port by the 6th. If the factory is still behind and will not be shipping until the beginning of next month will play directly into whether or not to cancel the back-order and pick a different in stock model. The wood lathes don't have a lot of overlap so changing models means accepting a different capacity. I can't speak for others but that's something I spent time deciding what's right for what I want and changing models will require some thought.
There are almost a dozen containers that will be arriving shortly and those that are in line waiting for them will get them shipped out as soon as they come in. Beyond that it would very difficult to pinpoint to the day when a particular back-order is going to arrive.