Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Grizzly's prices on some machines going up 25%

I'm glad I buy mostly used equipment

2. Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz Balolia View Post
    Update - we were able to clear about 11 containers of mostly backordered items like planers and jointers just a few hours before the tariffs went into effect last Friday.

Even though some of those containers have still not reached our facility (train, truck from port and so on) we will be charging the customers that are in line the old prices. Some of these products have shipped and others are shipping as we speak, and some will ship next week, all at the old prices. Those customers will not be called unless there is an issue with their payment method (like cards expiring etc.)

More tariffs have been announced on products from China and those are supposed to go into effect in September. No-one knows if the tariffs are here to stay or not, but we have also been receiving price increases from "big name" vendors whose products come from China.
    I can understand tariffs and stuff but was in the Bellingham store 2 weeks ago purchasing your 21" bandsaw and shipping it back to Texas and decided to get a PTG 280 AI finish reamer while there. When the guy behind the counter told me the price I almost fainted. It came up $50 more than advertised in the 2018 catalog. I had to decline purchasing it. Did steel go up that much, really a 1/3 of the total price?

3. Julian, good for you. I'm happy that you got what you ordered, and at the agreed-upon price. I have my fingers crossed that my jointer was in the same shipment as yours. I'm not optimistic that I will be as lucky, given that I placed my order in November 2017 (before you placed your order) and have yet to be notified. But I'm not ready to spit out the bait yet.

4. Shiraz, I placed my order for an 8" parallelogram spiral-head jointer on Dec 1, 2017. Someone who placed their order for exactly the same jointer on Dec 28, 2017, was just notified that their order has shipped. That doesn't sound like first-in first-out to me. I'm going to call CSR to see if they can shed some light on my order, but its hard to be optimistic.

I just got off the phone with Andrea at CSR. She told me that an error occurred and that someone who was in line behind me received their jointer before me, and that it was the last one in stock. She said that there is no one available today to look into this, and that she will create an action to have someone investigate. If she is correct, its not likely I will see product before December, and that I will probably be charged more for the privilege. This is beyond disappointing. Assuming that I am willing to wait, will Grizzly hold to its commitment on the original price?
    Last edited by Richard T Weil; 07-14-2018 at 9:45 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Richard T Weil View Post
    Shiraz, I placed my order for an 8" parallelogram spiral-head jointer on Dec 1, 2017. Someone who placed their order for exactly the same jointer on Dec 28, 2017, was just notified that their order has shipped. That doesn't sound like first-in first-out to me. I'm going to call CSR to see if they can shed some light on my order, but its hard to be optimistic.

I just got off the phone with Andrea at CSR. She told me that an error occurred and that someone who was in line behind me received their jointer before me, and that it was the last one in stock. She said that there is no one available today to look into this, and that she will create an action to have someone investigate. If she is correct, its not likely I will see product before December, and that I will probably be charged more for the privilege. This is beyond disappointing. Assuming that I am willing to wait, will Grizzly hold to its commitment on the original price?
    This will be handled by CSR.

6. PTG raised their prices to us and there was nothing we can do. The chambering reamers are a specialty tool and we cannot just find an alternate supplier for it.

My G0453Z 15-inch planer shipped on 12 July after being on backorder since June. I'm not complaining. Some people have been waiting a lot longer than that for backorders to be filled.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Richard T Weil View Post
    Shiraz, I placed my order for an 8" parallelogram spiral-head jointer on Dec 1, 2017. Someone who placed their order for exactly the same jointer on Dec 28, 2017, was just notified that their order has shipped. That doesn't sound like first-in first-out to me. I'm going to call CSR to see if they can shed some light on my order, but its hard to be optimistic.

Richard - All is well. The manager informed me this morning that order notes indicated something about not shipping before July 14. One has been committed to you and will be shipping soon. They should be making contact with you this morning. We apologize for the miscommunication.

9. Thank you Shiraz! I really appreciate your assistance in clearing this up. I saw that my AMEX account was charged this morning for the original price quoted, so things are moving in the right direction.