Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A different question about sharp..

Steve,

Let me start by stating that I am NOT a doctor. This is NOT medical advice.

Buy a pack of this for $22. This is Celox clotting powder in small 2g packs. I keep some in my shop.

https://www.amazon.com/CELOX-Tempora.../dp/B0032UY9BQ

The link above is for small packs that would work well with small cuts. Some people prefer the gauze.

Some studies, such as one in the Turkish Journal of trauma and Emergency Surgery found that Celox was effective on hypothermic bleeding and WARFARNISED blood. This is a paper touting it as the greatest thing since sliced bread (and I am not advocating sliced bread to stop bleeding):

http://www.turvatieto.net/wp-content...ce-studies.pdf

Let me know if you want to give some a try, I will drop a few packs in the mail to you; I already have your mailing address. I need to do the same for a friend at church. Apparently he cut himself shaving the other day and it looked like he took a bloodbath (according to his son).

Andy

I used to re-enact at eighteenth century events as a windsor chair maker. I was using a froe to split out some oak for a spindle. Someone in the crowd watching me said "you're bleeding". I looked down at my hand and my finger was dripping blood. Being period correct, I picked up a wood shaving and wrapped it around my finger to stop the bleeding. A little girl in crowd asked, "Is that real blood? We all had a good laugh. My DNA is still visible on my froe.
    Life's too short to use old sandpaper.

After two trips to the ER in two years to sew up chisel marks on my off (left) hand, I finally got some high quality cut resistant gloves. Now they hang on my chisel cabinet to remind me to put them on when I grab for a chisel. So far, so good... only time will tell if I can skip a year of sutures.
    I'm not on blood thinners, but on my last trip to the ER for sutures, the Doc asked if I was because it was bleeding so profusely. Must have been because of the sharp tool/ clean cut problem noted earlier.

Even worse when you don't even feel the cut.....

I see a box of that in my near future for both myself and Dad.... Many times I wished I had some of that stuff when watching blood drip all over the floor..... I am going to put a pack or 3 in my hunting kit as well.... We have needed something like that too many times out in the woods....