Thread: Millers Falls Langdon Parts

Millers Falls Langdon Parts

Not sure what I did, but I fear I aggravated the overseers on my last post on this topic, as it is gone. So simply, do you have any idea where MF parts may be available? I need a pt #14537 Elevator Post-up.

I can't speak to Millers Falls parts specifically but having restored a Wards (AKA Stanley) miter box I would bet that auction sites (ebay) and forums are the way to go.

Certain parts are hard to come by and scarcity causes prices to go way up. So you can suck it up and pay the sometimes-exorbitant prices for parts or buy a junker miter box to steal parts from. I did the former trying to get a few non-essential parts for my Wards box and it took me over a year of watching ebay to find certain things. Set up a few saved searches with email notifications and play the waiting game. If I were gonna restore another one I would probably go the latter route. If you sell the rest of the parts from the junker separately you can maybe even make some money.

Perhaps also try contacting Ron Herman in Ohio (Google WoodworkingWithRon) and he might be able to help you out. Also, your original post is still here, but it has scrolled off the main page.

Contact a poster over on LJs..named POA...

Many old tools dealers end up with stacks of parts or with beaters that probably aren't in good enough shape to post on their main sites... And are only useful for parts.

Make a few phone calls or shoot emails to several old tools dealers and you will likely come up with what you need.

Unfortunately - if nobody here has what you need - you will have to trawl The Bay and local "Antique" malls in hopes of digging one up for parts...

Mine is missing the front one...
    first cut.jpg
    Right there beside the medallion. Do I even miss it? Not really.
    This one is a Langdon ACME #75. Still has the remnants of the Millers Falls Triangle logo on the handle of the 5 x 30 saw.

If the OP does find a source..let me know, I may just get one.

Ah, Neanderthal Heaven, of course. Thank you for the suggestions. If I find parts I’ll report back.

Prince Edward Island, Canada's Ocean Playground
    The easiest solution is to post a WTB note online as you have done, the other solution is to buy a donor mitre box for the parts you need. I have done this in past as there are plenty out there with broken castings, etc that are great parts machines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Erik

Canada's Atlantic Paradise - Prince Edward Island

Where are you located? I may have one on a box I used for parts.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

I am in Nevada City, CA. If you have the part I will work with you in whatever way you choose.

Check your inbox.

Sharp solves all manner of problems.