Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Father's Day to me!!!!

Happy Father's Day to me!!!!

My New Saw.jpg After years of fighting with my old saw, my new saw arrived just in time for Father's Day!!! I struggled for a long time with my decision, but I am very happy with the result. The saw was delivered Friday afternoon. It was too heavy for me to get from my garage to my basement shop even after removing the top and taking everything out of the box, so I hired a couple of movers to come over and get it moved into my shop Saturday morning. I spent a couple of hours getting it set up. It would have gone a lot faster, but I created a few extra tasks for myself by taking the top off. I'm kind of glad I did because I was forced to learn how to align the miter slot and fence to the blade.

The saw is so much quieter than my old direct-drive saw and it cuts like a dream; even with the blade it came with. The dust collection is better than I had feared based on hearing people talk about it. My old saw didn't have any dust collection, so I think it's amazing that my whole shop isn't full of dust after making a few cuts.

I know discussions about table saw brands can be kind of divisive, but I am thrilled with my decision to buy the Grizzly G1023RL. I just wish I had vacation this week so I could spend the week in my shop catching up on projects that have been on hold while I waited for the saw!

Happy woodworking!

Scott

Congratulations Scott! May it serve you well!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Congratulations. Looks like a nice machine. Should serve you well.

MK

Congrats, nice looking saw!

Very nice -- congratulation; enjoy your new machine. You made a good decision. Happy Fathers Day.

Congratulations on your new saw. Use it in good health and in safety. Happy Father's Day!

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Congrats. Happy belated Fathers day!!

Very nice Scott, this is what I received for Father's Day.

It was much easier to move into the house
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations on the new saw, very nice upgrade. Like you I worked a couple years with a direct drive jobsite saw in my shop and then purchased a G0690 which was a big upgrade. Not sure about the 1023 rails but I picked up a very useful tip that the 0690 rails could be moved to the next bolt holes to the right which would allow about another 7" for cutting larger panels. That may not be helpful for your projects but I found it very helpful when I needed to cut cabinet panels 34-35" wide. Enjoy!

Congrats. Scott.
    Marshall
    ---------------------------
    A Stickley fan boy.

11. I remember 12-13 years ago when my third hand, very old, badly abused Craftsman contractors saw was replaced by one of the first Delta hybrid saws.... the difference was truly a WOW moment and the 1023 is considerably better than my saw.
    Going from a direct drive to the Grizzly 1023 is a huge leap and I can imagine your face hurting from grinning too hard and too long.

Congratulations Scott. A great upgrade. I went through the same process a number of years ago when I went from the direct drive to my Unisaw. It's terrible when you get a new tool and can't get to using it right away. I hope it brings you many years of enjoyment. Auh AuH Auh
    Charlie Jones

You did better than me. I some dog toys.

That is a nice looking saw Scott. I am sure you deserved it, and enjoy it whenever you can.

Nice!
    The best of luck with your new machine Scott