Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grizzly Shipping

What I did, since it showed up days sooner than I expected, was to lay the legs on their side, put the feet on, mount the bed onto the legs and then stand it up. I had a couple shimming shingles to get things close enough to start the screws. Over all I would say it was pretty easy. I don't know if I could of gotten the head unit on by myself but since I had to remove the motor it was easy.

I ordered a G0766 on July 2. With the TOTH10 discount and including shipping, my cost was $1650 . I was notified today by Grizzly that due to tariffs imposed on chinese imports by the US govt, my new cost for the lathe was $2010. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do at this point. That lathe for $1650 was a complete no-brainer for me. I was upgrading from a mini. Now I'm not so sure.

Even at $2010 you will not be able to get a new lathe with equal features. I doubt you will be getting the lathe in less then a month i ordered the beginning of April and just got mine last Tuesday. Hopefully by the time your lathe is ready to ship this tariff thing will go away and the price will drop back down.

I thought someone said October was the next shipping date. If so then you have time before committing to buy it.

Ken's idea of piggy-back sheets of plywood is a great method of moving heavy machinery over a typical lawn. I just moved a 800# pound jointer/planer machine from the driveway to the shop across the back yard-solo. Rent a pallet jack-the expense is worth every penny.