Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY Lathe Platform/Riser Blocks

I put my 3520 on 4 of these: 2" Leveling Swivel Caster, Nylon Wheel, Hexagon Top Plate, 550 lb Capacity https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005UZ4E5C..._9lTkBbM3E055Z

they raise it several inches and when needed I can ratchet down the wheel to roll around. They are a little wobbly with big out of round blanks but I just slow the lathe down. I’m not very aggressive with wobble.

Since then I bought a lift cart from harbor freight and moved to a new shop. My lathe hasn’t moved in 5 years. I’m tempted to jack it up, take the casters off and put it in blocks.
    Where did I put that?

My first lathe was a 3520A. I had it up on 4 X 4s with a slight forstner bit hole for each foot. 6 X 6 for you maybe??? Hockey pucks are a good idea to keep them from wandering, but I wouldn't stack more than 1 high.

robo hippy

I am in the school of anchoring a lathe to the floor. My lathe is bolted into my concrete floor. If I were the OP, I would bolt 6x6’s to the floor, then bolt the lathe to the 6x6’s.

Well, I ordered the Laguna so now it’s time to clean the shop and plan the riser. I think I will try some blocks out of maple or oak and if I don’t like the stability at 4” I will go the steel route.