Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: best choice TS for precision work for small projects Last saw I will ever buy

I would recommend that you first try either making a sled to do the jobs you want or buying an Incra sled kit like the Incra 1000HD combo. Compared to buying a new saw, this would be much less expensive. I was amazed at how accurate I could get cuts with the Incra 1000HD on my jobsite saw. Just a suggestion.

Blog Entries
    You could look into a printers type saw. These are very high precision saws used to cut blocks for letterpress. Little bitty blade. You would have to make tooling for it and all the measurements are in points and picas. I saw one once. These things are very small but built like tanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-C-G-Morrison-Printers-Saw-E-3851-with-Blade-Guard-and-Guide-Works/292837483820?hash=item442e79652c:g:YNgAAOSwtMFbcbt w:rk:5f:0

RE: INCA table saw. Some of those saw have a tilting table, not a titling arbor....

Depending on how big of parts you are cutting, a micro-sized table saw might work. You can get one from Micro Mark.

I have a Dremel table saw that is about 25 years old. I used it to make a project with 3/4" red oak, and with a 40 tooth carbide blade it cut like butter. It struggled with a 45 degree miter, but I went slow and it made it through. The cut ends were like glass - no sanding needed.