Thread: Happy Father's Day ....Who was the best

Happy Father's Day ....Who was the best

fictional father? Ward Cleaver, Rocky Rockford, Andy Taylor, Al Bundy?

I am curious who you think was the best, or the top three. Personally, I don't think I can narrow it down to just three, but some of mine are Andy Taylor, Robert Crawley, Frank Reagan, George Banks, Danial Hillard and of course Charles Ingalls. Honorable mention to Christopher Gardner because he was a real life father.
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck

Ward Cleaver. Loved the episode where he and Beaver's Mom give the Beav a diary. Of course they read it. And are disturbed by him walking on a high bridge beam etc. When they confront him he says he did not do that...."just didn't want to write ordinary stuff in such a nice diary".

I'm gonna have to go with William Powell in The Thin Man movies. Typically would do stuff like taking his kid to Central Park where he gave lessons in reading/interpreting the Racing Form.

Fred Sanford
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Robert Young, Tim Taylor in Last Man Standing and Ralph Waite the Waltons and NCIS

I'd say my Dad wins hands down over any of the fictional guys. Role model. Loving but firm. Hardworking. Fun.

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    I'd say my Dad wins hands down over any of the fictional guys. Role model. Loving but firm. Hardworking. Fun.

Fred
    WOW. Are you my brother from a different mother? You just described my father.

But to stay true to the OP's request, Andy Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    Robert Young, Tim Taylor in Last Man Standing and Ralph Waite the Waltons and NCIS
    I hadn't thought about John Walton / Jackson Gibbs. He is a good selection.

As for real fathers, I am sure there are many that are better than fictional ones.....they put up with us, teach us, hold our hands and help us through tough times. All for the sake of love and being there.
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck

Archie Bunker, you can't find better comedy anywhere.
    We all need to laugh at life occasionally.