Thread: New table saw

New table saw

Well my Christmas present to myself finally arrived. I ordered it the end of December and it arrived the beginning of May. That was a total of 4 months just like Felder stated. I have it setup and have been using it for about a month now. I will post some picture of it setup and my experiences shortly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gee, obviously you were on the good boy and not the naughty list. Very nice, go make sawdust!

Wow! Nice! Enjoy that!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

You'll enjoy it....................Regards, Rod.

Congrats. Moving to a slider is always a bit of a learning curve, but going with a nice new Felder will speed it up. Enjoy it!

Very nice! You'll really enjoy having a true-slider as you work. You can still do most of the "cabinet saw" things, but your options are so much broader and in many cases, better and/or more repeatable and safer with the slider.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

So to continue about the new slider. Setup was interesting. I would say without the videos on you tube it would be challenging to put it together. The manual from Felder is not very useful. Watching and using the videos was very helpful. Liz from the West Sacramento office was helpful with additional docs from Felder regarding adjustments and other accessories. As some of you have said the transition from a traditional saw to a slider requires some changes in thinking. Not impossible but changing ingrained habits.

Most of the saw was well setup from the factory. Just a few adjustments to some settings. First things made were the Fritz and Franz jig and clamps for the table. Felder is mighty proud of their table clamps. I also purchased some blades from Felder.They had a sale price on three different blades so the cost was around $80 each for the silver series blades. The blades were a ripping blade a general purpose blade and a crosscut blade. The cut quality has been very good so far.
    One thing I have noticed with the slider is I haven't had any burning cutting oak like I was getting with my cabinet saw. It will cut very quickly and accurately. I added a wixey to the fence which helped when using it as a traditional saw. That is one area the factory system is not very accurate. The fences and measuring system on the outrigger and table are accurate and easy to use. All and all it is a nice upgrade from a cabinet saw. Just not sure if it is worth 4 times what my cabinet saw cost.
    Here are some additional pics.
    DSCN2168.jpgDSCN2169.jpg