Thread: shop fox W1666 dust collector question

shop fox W1666 dust collector question

I'm re-configuring my shop to make room for the art glass workshop for my wife. I hate to give up any space but the girl has skills. I need to relocate the dust collector, and want to turn the motor / impeller assembly 180 degrees so the intake is on the opposite side. I called them and they declined to offer an opinion on modifying the machine: warranty issues and liability I'm sure. I can't see any harm in doing the mod, but maybe someone else has tried it and can report on the success or failure of the modification. The only problem I see is the paddle switch will be on the inside, and I may have to mount the assembly off center to avoid one of the separator bag supports.

Any comments?
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Probably need to drill different mounting holes so the weight will be distributed on the platform correctly.
    Per the stock photos it looks like there is enough wire to move the paddle switch, might need to use silicone RTV to glue it vs screwing it on the impeller side.

You could always get a remote for it. This would enable you to leave the switch in the on position. Should be no harm in drilling new mounting holes if needed.

Will make zero difference. Use a remote and leave the switch on.

thanks gents - that's about what I thought as well. Zero difference
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.