Hi Everyone,

I'm going in circles trying to decide what finish to use on some refinished mid century furniture. One is a coffee table that I believe is walnut veneer, the other a dining table that is teak veneer.

In the past I have used formby's tung oil finish which I know is mostly mineral spirits, i liked the look but i don't believe this will offer enough protection against water. I've also used a "maloof finish" 1/3 pratt and lambert 38, 1/3 blo, 1/3 mineral spirits. I liked that but it's very hard to find PL 38 these days, and I end up wasting most of it since I can only woodwork sporadically.

So now I am trying to decide what to do... I ended up ordering some arm r seal for the dining table since everyone raves about it and from my research is should protect against water well. Is that a good choice for the dining table? I have never used it and it is in the mail.

I prefer an in the wood not plasticky finish, does arm r seal provide that while offering protection? Should i just use that for the coffee table too? I'm also considering danish oil but not sure if it offers enough protection.

Also, you can see in the pictures I've sanded through in parts of the dining table, is there any way to fix this or just live with it?

pictures https://imgur.com/a/YfL6gUg

thanks