I am looking to build a media console that will be a record stand. I'm thinking 2 foot deep, 6 foot long, and a total of three feet high. It will have solid walnut legs, with stretchers in between, and the carcass will be walnut plywood, with solid walnut face frame to hide the edges of the ply. It will hold a turntable on top, and have three bays below with shelfs, drawers, and doors. I haven't settled on a final design yet, but I'm trying to decide what the corners will be. I've never worked with hardwood plywood before, and I found beautiful material at Russell Plywood in New Castle, DE. (BTW - they have a warehouse in New Castle, DE, and up the road in Reading, PA - these folks were awesome to deal with, their prices were good, and their stock is awesome. They were very patient with me looking over the panels before committing, but it was all far and away better than the borg stores. I ended up taking a pile of baltic birch while I was there, just great stuff)

Anyway - the corners. Do I want to bevel those at 45 degrees, and either biscuits or dominos to align, or do I want to rabbet the corners, cut the top/bottom about 1/4 short and edge trim it in solid walnut (then do dominos or dowels on the joint) - please advise me. How do I hide the ply on the corners? I am afraid that a mitred joint might be vulnerable if I don't get it perfect. Or damage to these corners will make the ply show. I can't relieve the edges with a chamfer or a roundover, it'll show the ply.

I've tried looking at pieces on instagram maker pages, watch youtube videos, etc. I don't see how these nice pieces hide the ply in the corners. What's the best strategy here?