Thread: Drawer box vendor suggestions

Drawer box vendor suggestions

I've been asked to build a set of base cabinets for a breakroom/lab setting, fairly light use. To speed up the process I think I'll build the carcasses and jut order drawer boxes. These units will be painted. I've never order drawer boxes before, any suggestions on recommended vendors? thanks!

CF Industries seems to be the favorite in my neck of the woods. They've always worked out well for me.

I have used Keystone and their product was excellent. I bought knocked down (dovetails) and assembled myself to save on cost and shipping. It was a huge time saver on the projects I used them for.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Surely I'm not the only one who's curious about cost. Excluding shipping, what's a "typical" cost for a single maple drawer w/ plywood bottom? Maybe 20" deep, 5" high, 20" wide.

I enjoy asking impossible questions...
    Doug, the "Wood Loon"
    Acton, MA

72, slow road cyclist, woodworking dabbler, tool junkie , and
    bonsai enthusiast.
    Now, if I could just stay focused longer than a few weeks...

We've had great service from Walzcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Hobkirk View Post
    Surely I'm not the only one who's curious about cost. Excluding shipping, what's a "typical" cost for a single maple drawer w/ plywood bottom? Maybe 20" deep, 5" high, 20" wide.

I enjoy asking impossible questions...
    Roughly $50 or so from what I have seen.

Fellows, thanks for the input. I'll visit some of these sites as I have time this weekend and see if I can find one that meets our needs.

If you can grab a copy of Woodshop News ( or get to it online ) there are quite a few vendors that advertise for drawer and door outsourcing. If you can find one that's closer to you, it may help mitigate cost because of shipping/pickup. While it can be "rewarding" to build drawer boxes for smaller projects, outsourcing for larger ones can often make sense, even for a non-pro, just because of time savings. It's not just about material cost...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...