Thread: ISOtunes Pro Electronic Hearing Protectors with Bluetooth

ISOtunes Pro Electronic Hearing Protectors with Bluetooth

I have been looking at these and was wondering if anyone has them and can give some feedback.
    http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...71&cat=1,42207
    Thanks

I've been using them for about 6 months and like them. They provide good sound isolation with the benefit of also providing Bluetooth audio. Sound quality is surprisingly good. The foam inserts provide the greatest sound isolation.

They are awesome. Only downside is people can sneak up on you. They also don't hold up well when someone sets a cinder block on them. DAMHIK.
    -Lud

I have had them since Christmas and love them. Was very skeptical at first, but they provide great hearing protection. I second their ability to allow others to sneak up on you - my wife has been spent many unsuccessful minutes trying to get my attention with these in.

I picked up a set of these a few months ago. I usually put my cup style muffs over top when I’m running something really noisy. They work great for less noisy machines like sanders and are far more comfortable than muffs. It is great to have tunes while working. And I will also agree the wife sneaks up on me all the time. Good battery life as well. 10-12 hours easily.

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cherry View Post
    I picked up a set of these a few months ago. I usually put my cup style muffs over top when I’m running something really noisy. They work great for less noisy machines like sanders and are far more comfortable than muffs. It is great to have tunes while working. And I will also agree the wife sneaks up on me all the time. Good battery life as well. 10-12 hours easily.
    I just remembered that you picked them up at the Secacus show. 'Glad they are working out...I may pick up a set to use when I'm running the CNC as the 3M headset, while effective, is less comfortable "in the shop" than I'd like them to be. (Great for mowing, however)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I bought mine directly from ISOtunes PRO a few months ago for $79.99 and free shipping. I received an email from ISOtunes this morning advertising a Father's Day special to buy the ISOtunes PRO for $89.99 and get a $40 wired set free.

https://isotunesaudio.com/

I have a different brand of the same thing- the Plugfones Liberate 2.0 and I like them a lot. I think they're a bit cheaper from some Ebay sellers. They're normally around $100 on Amazon. They look like they're basically the same thing.

I've recently started using a set of bone conduction headphones (https://aftershokz.com/products/trekz-titanium). They are bluetooth and sit just over your ears instead of actually going in you ears and they transmit sound by vibrating the bones around your ear. Since these do not go in your ear, they are obviously not a solution for reducing noise from machinery. So I combine these with those little foam ear plugs. It's really versatile, putting the ear plugs in essentially makes the headphones work better as other outside noise is cancelled out. Then if I am doing something quite in the shop I just pull the ear plugs but continue to listen to whatever I was listening to. The headphones are also good if I want to go out and walk the dog or something. I can listen podcast/music but still be aware of my surroundings.

11. I went through two pairs and had problems with them so I returned them and got a set of Jaybird X3's that I really like. The Wood Whisperer did a video comparing a bunch that you might want to check out.

I have had them for about 1 1/2 years (purchased at WW shows in Feb 2017) I like them a lot. They have held up well. I use them for mowing as well as woodworking.
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kreinhop View Post
    I bought mine directly from ISOtunes PRO a few months ago for $79.99 and free shipping. I received an email from ISOtunes this morning advertising a Father's Day special to buy the ISOtunes PRO for $89.99 and get a $40 wired set free.

https://isotunesaudio.com/
    Thanks, Mike I ordered directly last night.