I didn’t post in the main section because I’m primarily interested in green wood issues. I have the usual bearing style guides on my Jet 14 bandsaw, and in general they work great for me. I set up my saw using the ‘Alex Snodgrass’ method and I’ve always had great success- except with green woods. I get a ton of build up on the blade and bearings immediately when cutting any green wood blanks. I’ve considered just not using the guides at all- I’m usually roughing out bowl blanks or other blanks that will either go straight to the lathe or drying rack, so I don’t need Uber precise cuts.

but I came across space age ceramics who make aftermarket ceramic guides. the concept makes sense to me, instead of a rolling bearing that just compresses all the trash against the blade the square ceramic edges help scrape the blade clean. That’s one of the reasons folks seem to like the Laguna style guides.

It’d be $70 to upgrade my saw. I think I’ll try it but wanted to see if anyone here had experience with them.