Thread: Parts for a Jet 1236 wood lathe

Parts for a Jet 1236 wood lathe

I have an "older" model Jet 1236 and I need to replace the handle, spring and screw (which holds the handle on) for the mechanism that allows the headstock to rotate.

The part numbers are JWL 1236 24-2, 3, and 4.

I've tried several online sources but they all seem to mention the parts are no longer available.

Anybody have a source or a cross reference as I think Grizzly carried the same lathe a while back?

Thanks - Finn

Finn,

I posted to the Moderators. This would probably get more attention in the Turning Forum.

Do you know what the thread is on that?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

You might want to try Harbor Freight. Their 34706 lathe is very close. Here is the manual with parts diagram: https://manuals.harborfreight.com/ma...4999/34706.pdf

Ken - I don't, but if I did I might be able cobble something together. I would assume you're talking about the screw for the handle I mentioned in my original request?

i'm not real sure, but looks like the handle and spring are available from powermatic/jet parts.

i would think you could figure out the metric thread and buy the screw any where.

https://parts.powermatic.com/SearchR...aspx?s=1236-24
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

Thanks all. I called the local PM/Jet rep and I can only get the spring, no screw or handle. And the HF customer service line for parts is a deep dark hole with no way out.

I might be better with Grizzly if I new which lathe was similar.