Thread: Which DRO do you recommend for my MiniMax FS41c?

Which DRO do you recommend for my MiniMax FS41c?

I just got this machine and I'm wondering which DRO you all would recommend for the planer table?

Thanks!

*EDIT** - sorry, I just had the bright idea to search for this topic and guess what? I found threads on it!!!!

Of course, if you'd like to contribute to this (now redundant) thread, please do
    Last edited by Mike Dowell; 06-11-2018 at 8:35 AM.
    --

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

I know you said you found threads, but I would toss out that I would either be going with an Igaging unit or something like the ProScale if your not budget conscious. The ProScale is the top of the line and well worth the investment. The Igaging units are great budget options for .001 accuracy. Dont waste your money on a unit that doesnt read .001 accurately. It sounds ridiculous when working with wood, but you wont believe how nice it is to be able to run a part to within a few thousandths of repeatability. If your scale reads in .005 graduations your liable to be off by substantial amounts from job to job.

We put the Igaging on three machines and we never fiddle with trying to get to the target dimension. +/- a couple with wood is more than close enough. But the .005 units are way off from that.

To piggyback Mark's comment: the Wixey only has 0.005" accuracy, despite the pictures showing otherwise.

I've got the igaging on 4 machines in the shop. They do fail, so I keep an extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hollingsworth View Post
    I've got the igaging on 4 machines in the shop. They do fail, so I keep an extra.
    Agreed. We have them on a few and they do have their glitches. But on a non daily use machine they can be a cost saver. The Proscale is a dead wringer if you need the top of the line