Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Table saw blade adjustment needed?

It’s mostly a guess that is the issue. Glad they are willing to try a fix. I’m upset there’s a problem at all, but hopefully this will fix it.

Can anyone with a Sawstop PCS confirm if they have a hand-etched number on their interior arbor washer? This seems incredibly odd to me.

9EB79B26-C38A-4570-B454-2D41798D742D.jpg

Mine, purchased several months ago, has one. Why do you find it odd? Probably part of the quality control that Joe H. somehow feels is lacking.

Whatever turns out to be wrong with yours, mistakes happen. Your saw constitutes a very small sample size, just like Joe's General saw does. The key here is how SS handles it, and I'd be very surprised if they don't make it right.

It felt odd, only that it's hand-etched and not laser cut, but like you said, they have people doing actual quality control, so that would make sense. Sawstop is sending parts, and I do appreciate them doing that, but for a saw that's 2 weeks old, straight from the factory, doesn't exactly feel good. Like the Sawstop tech said to me, it's only a guess as to what could be wrong, since all they have are my videos. It's possible the cast iron of the table assembly / trunnion has a defect as well, which isn't exactly fixable or something I would even want to try and fix. Frankly, i'm not too kean on doing any fix honestly. I've already lost a lot of time due to this issue, and to have to tear the machine down, and rebuild with a hope that it's fixed, isn't sitting too well with me.

I'm sure i'm outlier here on this issue, it's just shitty to have to deal with. I have faith that Sawstop will make it right, it's just a matter of how long until that happens. I don't want to be swapping parts for the next 3-6 months only to find that nothing worked. Not to mention all the projects I have will be put on hold. If worse comes to worse, I'll get a replacement.

I would send it back.

Send it back? I’d rather try to fix it than crate that sucker up for shipping.

Unless I sense sarcasm....

I’ll be doing a tune up and alignment on an ICS next week, hope I don’t find the same thing!

No sarcasm. Strap it to a palate & call for a RMA.

Quote Originally Posted by joe milana View Post
    No sarcasm. Strap it to a palate & call for a RMA.
    A very real possibility. I'm of the mind if it doesn't come as intended, you are probably never going to get there. For the money, I would feel better having another saw.

Blog Entries
    Just for peace of mind I would mark the blade and the arbor flange, loosen the blade and rotate it a bit, re-tighten and see if the deviation follows the blade mark or the flange mark. I know you have tried multiple blades so the problem should follow the flange mark. That is, if the saw is inducing the error and the blade blank is true, the problem should exhibit at the same place on the saw; unless things are sloppy bearing wise but, you would have noticed that. You are just snugging the arbor nut, right? No need to crank it down. I'm just wondering about distorting things under pressure.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Yeah, I'm snugging it up the nut, not cranking it down, but I'll try marking the flange as well. At least that will fully eliminate the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Pelton View Post
    Yeah, I'm snugging it up the nut, not cranking it down, but I'll try marking the flange as well. At least that will fully eliminate the blade.
    So what was the outcome...I am having the same issue on my 7 hp industrial saw. Checked EVERYTHING. 5 Blades all same issue. Did the new arbor assembly work?