Thread: Rockler Dovetail Bits For Leigh Dovetails?

Rockler Dovetail Bits For Leigh Dovetails?

Just saw that Rockler has a set of 8mm dovetail bits that seem to be the same size as the Leigh dovetail bits. I'm wondering if anyone has tried them and if they are comparable?

Check the shaft length....Leigh bits tend to be longer in my experience, but if the 8mm set says they are Leigh compatible, you should be good. (I have an old Jessada 8mm set that was specific for Leigh and they always have worked great)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Rockler offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Unhappy for any reason, send them back fora full refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Rockler offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Unhappy for any reason, send them back fora full refund.
    Good luck with that. I bought a 10" saw blade that turned out to be 250mm. First they refused to take it back, and even after much argument refused to reimburse me for the shipping. So even if they claim they are compatible, you are on your own if they aren't.

I have a rockler 8deg 1/4 inch shaft dovetail bit that I’ve used often with my Leigh jig. I recently picked up Leigh’s 80-8 8mm shaft 8 deg bit. What a difference, it basically eliminated all of my chatter. I think it was less than 25 bucks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    Good luck with that. I bought a 10" saw blade that turned out to be 250mm. First they refused to take it back, and even after much argument refused to reimburse me for the shipping. So even if they claim they are compatible, you are on your own if they aren't.
    Agreed. Your reason for not being "satisfied" may not meet their expectations.