Thread: converting eps to pdf file

converting eps to pdf file

Hi all,

Can anyone help me convert 2 eps files to either a pdf or cdr file? For some reason I can't get them open in any program. Unfortunately the files are too big to upload to this site. Let me know if its ok to send them to you.

Thanks,
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tony mazzone View Post
    Hi all,

Can anyone help me convert 2 eps files to either a pdf or cdr file? For some reason I can't get them open in any program. Unfortunately the files are too big to upload to this site. Let me know if its ok to send them to you.

Thanks,
    Tony
    Where did they source from? I would ask them to put in another format you can read.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Look at the program called Ghostscript; it's open source and should do what you want.

thank you for the program

It will be interesting to see if it works for you. I looked at the website and they had a lot of information, page after page on licensing but not on what it actually does. Ok never mind here what I found.

6 Using Ghostscript with EPS files

Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) files are intended to be incorporated in other PostScript documents and may not display or print on their own. An EPS file must conform to the Document Structuring Conventions, must include a %%BoundingBox line to indicate the rectangle in which it will draw, must not use PostScript commands which will interfere with the document importing the EPS, and can have either zero pages or one page. Ghostscript has support for handling EPS files, but requires that the %%BoundingBox be in the header, not the trailer. To customize EPS handling, see EPS parameters.

For the official description of the EPS file format, please refer to the Adobe documentation in their tech note #5002. It is available from: http://partners.adobe.com/public/dev...dex_specs.html
    Last edited by Bill George; 06-10-2018 at 10:25 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I've found that if Corel can't open an EPS file, it's actually something else saved or exported as an EPS file and won't convert back for some reason. I found a free EPS "reader" online, I tried it with an EPS file Corel wouldn't open-- it works insofar as you can see what the file is, but it's essentially converted from what it was to a jpg, no vectors. You can save it as a jpg too, but for how I work, that doesn't cut it (just like the laser won't )

Bill's first suggestion is the best, just have whoever sent you the file convert it to a PDF, then open that in Corel- And if THAT won't open in Corel, we'll discuss the CC PDF converter (which is by far my most used 'secondary' app )
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle