Thread: PW giveaways

PW giveaways

Another year of entering every day of 5 months and then the deadline comes and goes and zippo information. Do people win these things??

Same deal for the Father’s Day prize a day. We’re deep into the 34 days and no winners shown.

Why do we bother??

I’m grateful for giveaways but I’m tired of entering stuff, getting bombarded by junk email and not knowing who, if anyone, won.

Blog Entries
    My sentiments exactly, that is why my information stopped being entered last year. You would think they could at least let a person fill it out once instead of each time you went to the page. My 'autofill' doesn't even work with their page.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    My 'autofill' doesn't even work with their page.

jtk
    The autofill isn't supposed to work. They want to make it difficult for people to enter more than once. They want your info, but anything more than once is just noise to them. These things work about as good as 'rebates' work. I swear then are nothing but scams.
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck

[QUOTE=Mark . I swear then are nothing but scams.[/QUOTE]

I gave up too after entering into their draws a couple of times sensing that my chance to win was too slim.

However, if by scam you meant no real winners existed, I wouldn't agree to that. The reason is simple: a scam would be easily exposed by any departing employee who was involved with the scam. All the prizes are probably contributed by the vendors or bought at special prices. The risk is simply too high for PW.

Simon

I am generous! I never enter just so some other person can win and get those emails too!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    I am generous! I never enter just so some other person can win and get those emails too!
    I have a yahoo email account that I use for craiglist, ebay, etc. which all junk and scam emails also go into. There I don't have to enter into any contests and still "won" some estate left behind by a Mr Rich for me to claim. The trouble was I was too poor to send them any money first to earn my share.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Blatter View Post
    The autofill isn't supposed to work. They want to make it difficult for people to enter more than once. They want your info, but anything more than once is just noise to them. These things work about as good as 'rebates' work. I swear then are nothing but scams.
    They aren't scams, well, most of them aren't. Certainly not the ones by an established company hosted/linked from their own site. You're right about the multiple entry challenge though...
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.