Thread: SCM SI 16 SF expanded drawing wiring diagram

SCM SI 16 SF expanded drawing wiring diagram

i have the manual.

Ive called the tech line last few days but its overly busy. Im looking for an expanded drawing of the saw and wiring diagram. Like to identify which wire goes the start up circuit as well.

Should be something on Partspronto.com

likley got the manual there looking now at equipment list I dont even see SCM do you have to register with them?

Go into the manuals section, look up Standard and then the SI manuals will show up. I doubt there is any difference between the various models in the wiring. Carissa Stanford is my go to for parts and Pete for advice. He was helpful when I had problems with my SI 16. Turned out the 208 leg of my Phase Perfect was entering the transformer. If you are running a vfd that won't happen. Dave

roto, so manufactured phase cant go to the start circuit do you remember which one was start circuit on yours, line 1 2 or 3 ?

Tech line was no use so far, left a message and an email and then next day called again didnt have patience for longer than average wait times.

thanks Dave on the standard found the expanded drawing where as last time I found the actual manual. The SCM guy I talked to said they were not available. So thats two, at the end few pages they show some electronics but they are just sitting no wiring or wiring diagrams. Last owner had disconnected it before I got there, it was on a roto so the answer would have presented itself if it was left wired.

Cable comes out the front of the machine which I dont like so will have to change that all my machines come out the back. Then most of the Italian machines i have have a plastic square box on the outside to bring the wiring in, I think almost all of them are broken so will look for something neat likely in metal to re do those.
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 06-08-2018 at 11:35 PM.

On many Euro machines, L1 and L2 go into a transformer with 110 coming out and going to the start coils. If you are running a vfd all of that gets bypassed. If running on a RPC, keep the manufactured leg out of the control circuits and transformer. Dave

I get that you keep it out of the start circuit but I have to identify it. Most of the italian machines I have have a magnetic starter mounted on the machine. in those switches there is a coil and the magnets that hold the machine on, no transformer. This is a different set up though ill take a look at what you said about the transformer. would have been easier to have the coil be the same voltage as what comes in, why would they add more stuff and do it that way?

Euro machines are wired so they can be sold to different countries with different voltages but use the same start stop circuitry. The transformers usually have taps for input of various voltages, all outputting to the voltage of the control circuit. That way only the motor and fuses need to be changed for various voltages. Dave