Thread: Galvo problem or software(EZCad)?

Galvo problem or software(EZCad)?

I have a strange problem that seems to get worst...Galvo is starting to act up on me...device is about 2 weeks old...

Its a Chinese 20W Fiber Laser

Anyone has any idea what could be the issue?

computer transfer error, control board, connection to the control board, connection to the scanhead, or the scanhead is bad-- Warranty issue--

My fiber went thru a similar stage, where it was engraving wherever it pleased-- not as bad as what yours is doing but could be the same root problem-

Here, the upper engraving went out of whack, bottom is ok
    fo1.jpg

same basic problem here, funny thing was, these numbers were engraved like 12 passes, and other than the N/A, the goofy engraving repeated.
    fo2.jpg

What I did first was unplug and re-seat all the connector plugs, and the control board input plug (arrow) I pulled the cover apart and checked the solder connections. Not the highest-quality soldering but it was okay, biggest issue was there was a lot of leftover flux, which I cleaned out...

fo3.jpg

After doing that it worked fine, but Triumph said the wanted to change out the scanhead, so I got that replaced, and I've had no problems since. I still don't know if it was the connections or the scanhead...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Well I have them on my machine with Teamviewer, and all I got until now is that they changed my speed from 2000 to 500 and power from 10 to 70 lol.

They told me to connect a wire to ground when there is no connector other than power, which has ground btw.

this will be funny

Finally moved to hardware. They asked me to open tge cover and show them pictures of the motherboard...

I think its more of a scanhead problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Vasileios Antoniadis View Post
    Finally moved to hardware. They asked me to open tge cover and show them pictures of the motherboard...

Sounds like the typical Chinese run around. What brand? I would ask for a refund or repair, not ship back at your expense.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Its this one

http://s.aliexpress.com/MFRNJNnM?fromSns=Copy

I already started a dispute on Aliexpress. So they have to deliver now.

This is tough to troubleshoot, because either:
    (a) the scanhead is doing exactly what it's being 'told' to do by the controller, which means a controller issue,
    -or-
    (b) the scanhead is messed up and is not doing what it's being told to do...

Here's my take: What your machine is doing is 'going home' in the middle of engraving, much like it does after each pass in a multi-pass run before starting the next pass. But the laser is still firing and heading to erroneous coordinates, then picks up where it left off-- To my way of thinking, this is not a scanhead issue. Why do I think this? Because the scanhead has only 2 moving parts, the mirrors, and when it develops a problem, usually just one of the mirrors will be affected- this is what appears to have been the problem with my scanhead, because in *most* cases of it messing up, it was one mirror not moving correctly. So while I'm not sure my connection plug was or wasn't the issue, I see why Triumph thought I had a bad scanhead. And like I mentioned, not one goofy blip since--

but in your case, even though the engraving is totally erratic, it's still "perfect", in that both mirrors are functioning as a perfect pair...

Ergo, I think your machine has simply lost its mind --- Bad controller...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

That makes sense... Definitely easier to replace then that a scanhead.

I cant believe these Chinese manufacturers...we were troubleshooting and they told me to open the device, check connections use a voltometer, disconnect the power from the red laser and then silence...I disconnected it but was never told what to do...Hahahah they probably stoped working for today...Brilliant!

I cant believe these Chinese manufacturers...we were troubleshooting and they told me to open the device, check connections use a voltometer, disconnect the power from the red laser and then silence...I disconnected it but was never told what to do...Hahahah they probably stoped working for today...Brilliant!
    My guess is the seller is not the one who made the machine and they are clueless on what to do. Its just a big waste of time.

Well, long stoty short...I payed 3360 US Dollars and got 500 back from Aliexpress. That was their first option. The second was get all my money back but have to ship the laser back to China. We all know that this would not happen.

I don't know how to feel. The good part is that I managed to fix it, at least I haven't had the issue since I reconnected all wires and cables. Don't know if it is going to last though!

You would have been money head to ship back, even if it cost $500. You can replace the Galvo head, if its that but that would cost. The Chinese have had issues in the past with bad soldering on the PC boards, or at least the controller I had on a CNC mill did anyway. Be sure to post the venders name on here so others can know.

Dont really know the vendor but that was the link!

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328183...platform=msite