Thread: Milwaukee M18 Table Saw

Blog Entries

Milwaukee M18 Table Saw

I was just checking to see what cool tools Milwaukee has added, and they now have a M18 Table Saw. It is available for preorder now, shipping in July. Sadly, it's an 8 1/4" and I need a 10". I'm glad I caught that, because I was about to preorder it. Also, it seems they now have a 12.0 AH battery pack for it. That should last a while. I have the 9.0's and they go forever.

Another thing to note- they say it "...delivers 15 amp corded power." I took that to mean that there was a dual power option with a plug or battery. That's not the case- they are just saying it has the power of a 15 amp saw.

Without having tested one, but having watched a few introductory videos, it seems well made, but it looks like Dewalt will get my business this go around because I need 10". If not for that, I would certainly get this. I wonder if this will accept dado sets.

By the way, while on the subject of new tools from Milwaukee, it seems Milwaukee has finally made an inflator in the M12 series that has a rated output of up to 120 pounds. More than enough. They also have introduced an 18v chain saw.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Produc...Saws/2736-21HD

I just picked up the M-12 inflator, for $79 a Home Depot with a m-12 2 Amp Hour battery. Since the battery costs $50, it is a good deal. It works very well. Only thing I wish they had done is add a quick connect tire inflator. This one is a threaded one, though it allows you to get it on smaller wheels. Dan

Yeah that tablesaw is kind of a miss for me, not that I have much use for a cordless job site saw anyways. But they've been releasing some interesting tools and have taken 18V quite a bit further than most people thought they'd be able to. The yard tools are pretty darn good. Will be interesting to see how people find that chainsaw.

The inflator is definitely on my list.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Rude View Post
    I just picked up the M-12 inflator, for $79 a Home Depot with a m-12 2 Amp Hour battery. Since the battery costs $50, it is a good deal. It works very well. Only thing I wish they had done is add a quick connect tire inflator. This one is a threaded one, though it allows you to get it on smaller wheels. Dan
    I'm going to run to mine and see if they have it at that price. That's a steal. I need one badly- lots of flat tires where I live.

Malcom , I’m curious why you feel you “need” a 10” saw ?

I can’t think of anything a 10” jobsite saw will cut that a 8.25” won’t also deal with. FWIW , DeWalts battery saw also has an 8.25” blade. So if you want cordless, that’s the only size in town as far as I know.

While on the subject of batteries - any non company testing I’ve ever seen puts Milwaukee’s batteries head a shoulders above DeWalts in terms of delivered energy. Dewalt’s wall power adapter is still the cat’s meow though.
    Last edited by Dave Sabo; 06-06-2018 at 10:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    Malcom , I’m curious why you feel you “need” a 10” saw ?

I can’t think of anything a 10” jobsite saw will cut that a 8.25” won’t also deal with. FWIW , DeWalts battery saw also has an 8.25” blade. So if you want cordless, that’s the only size in town as far as I know.

While on the subject of batteries - any non company testing I’ve ever seen puts Milwaukee’s batteries head a shoulders above DeWalts in terms of delivered energy. Dewalt’s wall power adapter is still the cat’s meow though.
    Ripping wood taller than 3” is why I want a bigger saw. I’m not really set on cordless, but initially thought the Milwaukee was going to be dual power. Plugs are fine, but cordless would be nice if it did what I need. I suspect it won’t be long before someone comes out with a dual battery 10” cordless saw. Too late for me- I need one yesterday. I am likely going with the Dewalt corded 10” saw.

What are you regularly using that's 3" thick ???

A 4x4 is going to be 3 1/2" and that exceeds the stated capacity of the 10" jobsite saws - which are 3 1/8".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    What are you regularly using that's 3" thick ???

A 4x4 is going to be 3 1/2" and that exceeds the stated capacity of the 10" jobsite saws - which are 3 1/8".

I don't usually buy nominal lumber. I buy rough cut mahogany and dimension it. When building surfboards, I often rip accent stripes that are 3" or wider by 1/4" thick by taking a 3" board and ripping it into 1/4" thick strips. I very much prefer a table saw for this because I'm usually ripping long lengths. If it's wider than 3" I run it in two passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Robinson View Post
    Yeah that tablesaw is kind of a miss for me, not that I have much use for a cordless job site saw anyways. But they've been releasing some interesting tools and have taken 18V quite a bit further than most people thought they'd be able to. The yard tools are pretty darn good. Will be interesting to see how people find that chainsaw.

The inflator is definitely on my list.
    The tablesaw is primarily aimed at the flooring people. If I were going to be hauling a tablesaw into a house, I'd want the smallest that can get the job done, and for flooring.... An 8 1/4" blade is plenty for their needs, heck, they could go to a 6 1/2", except that would limit it pretty much to just the flooring folks.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by John Sanford View Post
    The tablesaw is primarily aimed at the flooring people. If I were going to be hauling a tablesaw into a house, I'd want the smallest that can get the job done, and for flooring.... An 8 1/4" blade is plenty for their needs, heck, they could go to a 6 1/2", except that would limit it pretty much to just the flooring folks.
    Yeah that makes sense. Another one of their likely flooring-targeted tools has me really interested though - the small miter saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    I don't usually buy nominal lumber. I buy rough cut mahogany and dimension it. When building surfboards, I often rip accent stripes that are 3" or wider by 1/4" thick by taking a 3" board and ripping it into 1/4" thick strips. I very much prefer a table saw for this because I'm usually ripping long lengths. If it's wider than 3" I run it in two passes.
    Ahhhhh, I surmised it was some kind non standard operation.

If I were doing that kind of work; I'd be using a bandsaw with a resaw blade. It's a more efficient tool for doing what you're talking about. I certainly wouldn't be using a saw with a universal motor like those jobsite table saws. You'll get more yield out of your wood too as well as being safer.