Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Blowgun Recommendation?

If you have long tubular filter, consider getting a few feet of the stiff yet bendable(carefully) copper that plumbers use.. the stuff in rolls.. like 3/8" or so.. and make your own gun extension w a 90 bend at bottom.

Marc
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

Yup, there ya go.

With care, one could PROBABLY bend that end a little tighter to 90, to shoot more sideways.

Won't know before you try it, may or may NOT be bendable.

Marc
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

My new favorite is this one. It has a flow control and allows you to hook up the air in 2 locations in case you have an overhead feed or support. It's available with different length arms and is available from Amazon...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks all. I received a Milton pistol grip gun today, and some quick connects, and hooked everything up. The hose, the gun and the connects all say they are 1/4" NPT, but the female ends barely thread onto the male ends, on the connector and the gun, leading to lots of leaking. Am I missing something? I expected at least 2/3 to 3/4, if not full, thread coverage. Thanks from a compressor noob.

Get some of the gray teflon tape.

And FYI, the Guardair guns are really sweet and US made (except maybe the really cheap model) but they do move air. If you ever upgrade the compressor I would consider getting one.

Good suggestion Rick, I got the Guardair LongJohn with an 18" nozzle and it works great. The problem is I use up the air in the 5.5 gallon tank in about 15 seconds. I need to upgrade my compressor. Would a 2hp 20 gallon do the trick? Considering the Eagle EA-6500...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    I like these. Its nice to keep them on the leash.
    +1 on those except I often hit the trigger by accident. I think I will put a stop on a tether to prevent that. But it's really handy that the blower is always there.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Rosenberg View Post
    Thanks all. I received a Milton pistol grip gun today, and some quick connects, and hooked everything up. The hose, the gun and the connects all say they are 1/4" NPT, but the female ends barely thread onto the male ends, on the connector and the gun, leading to lots of leaking. Am I missing something? I expected at least 2/3 to 3/4, if not full, thread coverage. Thanks from a compressor noob.
    Len -

Your thread engagement I agree with.

Or like maybe minimum like, I dunno... 3 + full turns ?

Not that it should matter.. 1/4" NPT should be 1/4" NPT, but we do know threading machines sometimes cut out side of specs.

Did you also purchase Milton fittings?

Or maybe some Import?

Marc

I remember as a kid at my Dad's service station the air hose had that standard ball fitting and we had a blow gun that attached over it. I wish I had one of those. They were simple and worked well.
    Athens, AL