Thread: FYI - FREE Full download IBC 2012 Code

FYI - FREE Full download IBC 2012 Code

Many of us need occasional reference not warranting spending $150 or whatever for the book - Here Ya GO !!!

Enjoy !! Marc

https://ia800609.us.archive.org/9/it...c.ibc.2012.pdf
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

Thanks Marc.

Folks, this is a 92mb file, so if you are not on high speed Internet...or have limited storage space...don't click on it.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim.

In my case I am very rural but have "fast" internet

I am not a computer tech guy, do not know what my speed is.

But, to download this PDF it takes 1 1/2 minutes,.... and WELL worth it.

It IS the FULL 2012 IBC.

Marc
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Jeske View Post
    I am not a computer tech guy, do not know what my speed is.
    You can run this speed test: http://www.speedtest.net/

These days mine is usually about 60-70 Mbps download. A few years ago it was 10 Mbps from the same provider (Comcast cable). They must have upgraded things.

JKJ

What's IBC? Is it a building code?(I guess if I don't know, I don't need it. But I'm still curious.)
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    What's IBC? Is it a building code?(I guess if I don't know, I don't need it. But I'm still curious.)
    Fred
    International Building Code
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Tell me how an International Building Code is relevant in the real world. Building codes pretty must be local. For instance, building codes in Florida have lots of detail about minimizing hurricane damage. That'd be silly in Europe. Or for another instance, building codes in the western US have rafter-span tables using Douglas Fir. That'd be silly in Australia, where they build with other species. And Japanese building codes worry a lot about earthquakes, which wouldn't be required in Germany.

Ya, I really don't understand Jamie's post.

I think he REALLY needs to read the IBC and IRC and see how it specifys specifics for DIFFERENT Geo areas.

Most things, ... ones that have no difference to Geo are, stand consistent.

Like, joist span, in MOST cases.

But some, the ones that DO have a relation to Geo area, ARE addressed.

Local jurisdictions may possibly require MORE than the IBC,up to the "Authority having Jurisdiction" but the IBC/ IRC is a VERRYY accepted base standard.

At least in the USA, I do NOT know about "International".

It is good LOGICAL guidance, even if out of any "Jurisdiction" as I am living in the deep rural woods of E TX, w NO permits, OR Inspection try to follow it best I can, even w NO inspection, because I KNOW Codes in general are written for logical , learned historical experience reasons.

And, additionally, because I intimately worked within the NFPA Electrical code for years as a Professional Licensed Bonded Contractor....It's PRIMARY goal is to guard Life, secondly real Property.

I LOVE the Codes, the man hours spent developing them are uncountable.

Go READ the Codes.

I Myself, ... LOVE them.

Ya..... Marc
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 06-07-2018 at 9:42 AM. Reason: Removed taunt

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    Tell me how an International Building Code is relevant in the real world. Building codes pretty must be local. For instance, building codes in Florida have lots of detail about minimizing hurricane damage. That'd be silly in Europe. Or for another instance, building codes in the western US have rafter-span tables using Douglas Fir. That'd be silly in Australia, where they build with other species. And Japanese building codes worry a lot about earthquakes, which wouldn't be required in Germany.
    Most places in the US adopt the IBC and then publish amendments to suit their geography/politics/etc. However, the IBC takes certain geographical elements into account when creating the codes. eg, when determining if hurricane ties are necessary they refer you to your geography and the type of winds that are expected.