Thread: PM disapeared

PM disapeared

I have a post on the classified board. A gentleman sent me a PM. I responded. But I got message that my response lacked enough characters. I added some more. The incoming message and my response have vanished.

Is there some way I can reach the responder?
    thank you
    les

Did you look in your sent messages folder?
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Yes I did, Jim.

Was this on Saturday, by any chance? SMC had an outage due to the bandwidth provider doing unannounced maintenance. Perhaps it got lost in that shuffle.
    --

May have been. Thanks for the replies.
    regards
    les

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Was this on Saturday, by any chance? SMC had an outage due to the bandwidth provider doing unannounced maintenance. Perhaps it got lost in that shuffle.
    If that's true, then much more happened during this outage than what I read. A connectivity outage means losing access, but not any data. Loss of PMs would mean a database problem or restoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Alvarez View Post
    If that's true, then much more happened during this outage than what I read. A connectivity outage means losing access, but not any data. Loss of PMs would mean a database problem or restoration.
    I understand that and agree it's unlikely...30+ years of IT and telecom technical experience...but stranger things have happened depending on timing. And it could be as simple as a slip of the rodent button, too. Hopefully, the OP will be able to reconnect with the person and all will be well.
    --

Sorry, I have to go with ZERO chance of a connection outage causing multiple tables in a DB to just lose their data. No way. End user error is always a possibility, but you couldn't even ask a database to remove multiple items like that if there's a loss of connection.