Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New shop 24x40

New shop 24x40

I'm anxiously awaiting the erection of my new shop. I moved from OK to PA last fall leaving my 30x50 quonset building behind so everything I brought with is jammed into the existing 24x24 garage. So far the monolithic slab is complete, driveway/parking area expanded and there will be a small pad in the rear for large utility trailer(outside of course). I plan to use spray foam insulation and finish inside walls with rough cut hemlock which should age nicely run the electrical exposed so it's easy to get to. Primary use for the new space will be CO2 laser and will also house a milling machine and lathe. Hoping to have some pictures in the next couple weeks and thanks for listening

start sending us pictures. we love to see the whole process.

I'm looking forward to your build...it sounds like it's going to be a nice space! And welcome to Pennsyltucky...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Have tried sending some pictures without success. If I create a Photobucket file can I send link here?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Middleton View Post
    Have tried sending some pictures without success. If I create a Photobucket file can I send link here?
    You can upload to SMC as attachments or you can use an external source and link. Your choice, but SMC prefers the former so that photos stay with threads into the future. Unless Photobucket has changed their terms recently, it costs big bucks to be able to link to photos from their storage setup. I abandoned them when they started to want $400 a year for that privilege about a year or so ago. They do have new leadership now, so perhaps they will backtrack on that cost.
    --

www.imageevent.com ~$25.00 a year and 1500mb of storage. I have used them for more years than I can remember with no problems. Links I posted five years ago still work.

I'll try to attach again. I'm tech challenged some/most days.

Pictures

PA Shop.jpgPA Shop .jpgPA Shop .jpg2.jpg3.jpgObviously these are not in order but I did manage to upload. The crew should show up this week and shell finished so I'm excited.

Looking good 👍

Finally some pictures....

_shop2.jpg _shop1.jpg _shop3.jpg _shop4.jpg _shop5.jpg _shop6.jpg

Sorry images are inverted. Not sure how that happened? (JKJ EDIT: I rotated the images. I got confused part way through - hope I didn't forget one!)

Should have 2" Closed Cell insulation next week, then rough in electrical/air, finish walls with rough cut lumber, and hang six 6 bulb led fixtures for plenty of light. Doesn't sound like that big a job when you write it down
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 06-27-2018 at 9:00 AM.

Neat building, Steve! 'Kinda the adult version of an Erector Set many of us played with as kids. LOL Seriously, great progress. Good choice on the closed cell foam, too.
    --

Looking GOOD.... Keep us up-dated with pictures.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Thanks John.

One step closer...

_temp_rotation.jpg
    They finished spray foam yesterday and left it cleaner than they found it! Also got a quote on mini-split system which will heat down to -15 deg F.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 07-07-2018 at 10:45 AM. Reason: stood photo upright at great personal sacrifice - 30 seconds of effort

Looks great, Steve...I'm a fan of spray foam. And MiniSplits.
    --