Thread: Shark Guard arrived

Shark Guard arrived

My shark Guard arrived on Friday. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but it was quick to install. I got the 4" model.

Hopefully this week I will have the chance to truly try it out. This is my first over the blade dust collection, and I am excited to use it.

You'll love it!!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Curtis View Post
    My shark Guard arrived on Friday. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but it was quick to install. I got the 4" model.

Hopefully this week I will have the chance to truly try it out. This is my first over the blade dust collection, and I am excited to use it.

Matthew I used a Shark guard with my Laguna fusion for 2 years before I got a Sawstop and it works really well provided you have a high powered DC (>2HP) otherwise the suction from the top isn't strong enough. I have a 2HP DC and having one hose to the cabinet and another to the guard wasn't good enough so I used a shop vac to the guard and that worked brilliantly. The main problem with using a low powered DC is that while you can connect a 4" hose the guard narrows down to about 2" which really does lower the suction strength. So if you have a 2HP DC then use a shop vac for the guard. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

I am sure the clear Vue max I have will be more than enough to handle it. I have a 6" port on the cabinet and the 4" to the shark Guard.