Thread: In Memorium

In Memorium

It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of Joe Kelly of Denham Springs, Louisiana. Joe was an amazing friend to the Freedom Pens Project. This was his true passion for 12 years until health issues keep him away from the pen turning that he loved. He was an amazing fundraiser, cheerleader, an exceptional pen turner and a great friend. He was very active with the Bayou Woodturners and helped to set up many Freedom Pen turn-a-thons. He loved to talk about the program and recruited many pen turners who have been with the program over the last 14 years. He will be truly missed.

Please keep Joe's wife, Irmalene and the rest of his family in your prayers.
    Last edited by Jackie Outten; 06-03-2018 at 8:05 PM.

My condolences to Joe's family and friends.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I'm sorry to learn this.

Praying for the family.

Rest in peace Joe.
    Marshall
    ---------------------------
    A Stickley fan boy.

Rest In Peace Mr. Joe, you were a true friend and I will miss you. Thank you for all you did for Freedom Pens and I hope you will continue your passion for all your brothers in arms that are with you in heaven.

Bobby McCarley

We have also lost another Freedom Pen Turner. Frank Kopecky passed away recently. He will be greatly missed.